Honda XLX 250R...looking for any information!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K9Style1996

I'm in Afghanistan on a one year deployment and recently purchased a used Honda XLX 250R from a local Afghan guy. The bike is in decent shape, but needs some work and I cannot find parts information anywhere. I have scoured the internet and have found no information about this model with the exception of a few pictures on random motorcycle websites like "BikePics.com".

The very few bits of information I have come across lead me to believe that this bike was not offered for sale in the US, but I have found references to Australia, Brazil, and of course Japan.

If anyone out there knows anything about this model, where to get parts, and a technical/owners manual I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Bruce

First off.....Welcome to Honda swap!!!
Second.... thanx for all your hard work in fighting for our freedoms over in that hell hole, I wish you the best.
Last....I think your right about the bike never being sold here... but more than likely you can find another bike that was very similar in make up. When you get more time to poke around on the net some more, try to find a model with the same CC motor from around the same year as your bike. This might take care of atleast your engine/driveline woes.
Hopefully CELERITY and JEFFIE7 will chime in... there 2 of the bigger bike guys here at HS.

I wouldn't deserve that honor alongside Jeffie, I've only been really riding for 9 months.

Before that I had plenty of older, free or $100 bikes that made my life-long mileage less than 1000 miles. Then when I got my new bike I started piling on the miles.

So while Jeffie has more actual road time, I've only logged about 7000 mile this year. I do, however, have experience in the rebuilds and other assundries of these older UJMs (Universal Japanese Motorcycles)

The nice thing about bikes in general, and old Hondas specifically, is that everything is interchangeable. These guys back in the 60s and 70s that had these bikes with no money or after-market support (What ? No Jegs ?!) had to make do not only with what they could build and invent, but what they had around in their own town.

And that's where you'll do well. In Afghanistan there are other bikes in shitty conditions just scrap heaped around the place. You can grab just about any sprocket and shim it up with washers to make it meet the chain and have a working bike. You can remove that engine and put ANYTHING with a turning wheel on it. These bikes are meant to take parts, and they are meant to ride the wheels off.

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. I appreciate it.

I was able to find a guy in Australia who knows everything about this particular bike. He also happens to work in the parts department at Australia's largest Honda Motorcycle dealership.

Thanks again and take care.

YOU take care over there champ...I will be siting quietly behind my 'pooter all ninja like. GOOD LUCK with the bike.

Back