hondaautomotiveparts.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I have ordered parts from them in the past with no troubles but this most recent order which weighs in around $100 hasn't even been boxed up yet and it's been over two weeks.

I have sent e-mails and talked on the phone with the parts manager and although he was very helpful and made it seem like he was going to take care of things and hook me up for my troubles I still haven't seen the parts

just wondering if this has happened with others as well

I hope it hasn't, and if I don't get my stuff soon I'm just going to head down to my local dealer and pay the big bucks

You talking about Carlos? Yea, I ordered a Del sol vtec harness from them, and they sent me a Si harness, then wanted to charge me a restocking fee. But usually they are on top of their game, and don't dick around. Maybe the part is on back order.

the whole story goes that my original order got messed up in the computer somehow... I can understand and forgive that but they should have sent an e-mail letting me know there was a problem with the order instead of doing nothing and me waiting around thinking the parts are going to show up soon

so I sent a bunch of e-mails looked up all the part numbers and e-mail those to them so they could send them... that e-mail somehow got lost so I called and talked with Jim (the manager) who was very cool about it and said he'd waive the shipping cost to make up for it and told me to reorder the parts online and use a generic credit card number so that I wouldn't have to resend my CC because they allready had it.

I did that and sent an e-mail asking them to let me know if there were any problems this time so that we could take care of them right away. got no response so I figured everything was on track

that was last thursday so I expected to see the parts my monday or by yesterday at the latest. Didn't show up so I call this morning and Jim was kind of being a dick about it saying that he told me to call after I orderd to give them my CC# over the phone before they could ship it.

so I gave them the number this morning and hopefully I'll get my parts by this friday 2 and a half weeks later

I don't understand why he had me use a generic CC# if I was going to have to call later and give them my real CC#

on top of this they haven't been replying to e-mails at all lately and I really don't have time to sit on hold all day at work trying to talk to someone

so anyway, I can forgive one computer glich here or there but this really pissed me off that I got the run around trying to order a bunch of parts

I'll use them in the future but only as a last resort

that's what I figured, because I had never had any probs with them before this and I have ordered from them several times

Luckilly I ordered my parts well ahead of when I needed them by, but in the future if something is really time critical I don't think I'll be able to trust them to pull through

it's a bummer cause they are pretty much the best OEM parts dist. around as far as prices and availability go

I just recieved an e-mail from them telling me that my order is being put together but that some of the parts need to be special ordered so it won't be here till next week.....

hmmm, that was the whole reason that I put the order in two weeks ago. I wanted to make sure that I would have everything by this week so that I would have plenty of time to get the projects done befor the next autoX here in MN

I'm not blaming them for not having parts on hand but if they would have taken a more proactive stance on this I would have the parts either on my car or in my garage right now

Originally posted by seanjuan@Jul 14 2004, 04:18 PM
I just recieved an e-mail from them telling me that my order is being put together but that some of the parts need to be special ordered so it won't be here till next week.....

hmmm, that was the whole reason that I put the order in two weeks ago. I wanted to make sure that I would have everything by this week so that I would have plenty of time to get the projects done befor the next autoX here in MN

I'm not blaming them for not having parts on hand but if they would have taken a more proactive stance on this I would have the parts either on my car or in my garage right now

funny thing is that I work in a parts department (the biggest nissan parts dept in the US actually) and I do customer service and pulling and packing orders.

I can tell you this, they definitely should have emailed you as soon as they ran your order. The system they use tells them what they have on hand and what they don't. As soon as they process your order, the computer tells them what needs to be ordered. I usually email or call the customer within a few hours to let them know the status on the parts if they are out-of-stock.
But it also can get quite overwhelming with the amount of orders we get. Most likely it is in prepaid status which means that some parts are already pulled but they're waiting on the rest (special order) to come in. It might be due to the fact that Honda warehouses are taking their time as well.

Regardless, you should ask to have the on hand parts shipped out and tell them to ship the others when they come in without charging you freight. They'll most likely agree to it since they failed to tell you in the first place.

but sometimes, they'll be waiting on special orders to come in, only to realize later that the parts that were supposed to be there are "no finds" and they have to order those as well...

Back