1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HondaDelSol b15 rebuild

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by DelSlow89, Dec 19, 2006.

1. DelSlow89

DelSlow89 93 Del Sol

I Have a 93 Honda Del Sol b15. I am either looking to upgrade to an imported b16 or b18c1. Or just rebuild the b15 with high performance internals. If any one has any advice as to which of these i should look into please reply. Thanks alot.

2. turb2o_vtec

turb2o_vtec New Member

There is no such thing is a b15. I'm guess you mean a d15? Its it a d15b vtec? If not I'll say get a d16z6 if you are on the budget. If money is not a concern the get a b-series. But remember that you can build a fast sohc turbo motor for the cost of a b-series swap.

3. DelSlow89

DelSlow89 93 Del Sol

Kind of new to the whole honda thing sry. I'd like to get the b16 but what would i do to make the d15 faster.

4. Exodus

Exodus Junior Member

That motor isn't really worth much for making power, IMO. However, I've heard stories of people doing it and being just fine, as well as failing miserably. Overall, I don't think you'll want to bother with it.

Build a turbo-D. Find an A6 bottom end, a Y8 head\intake, do a kit for 10psi, and you'll be rolling on B16s :)

5. DelSlow89

DelSlow89 93 Del Sol

Appreciate it alot. If you know the best place to find these parts let me know.

6. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

a b16 with minor mods would light up a d16 vtec turbo, seen it a million times. Stock b16 with lightweight flywheel and header verse mostly stock d series turbo. Not to mention if you are thinking about going turbo go with a b series and it will make far more power on the same turbo setup as the d. You just have to add the price of a swap, i know this is pricey trust me. I think its worth it but plenty of others here will dissagree. Good luck.

7. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

i agree if you have a good d15b7 turbo it, like a bad mutha' til you blow it up.
    then use the still good parts and build a mini-me turbo well and you'll be set.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted