1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HondaSwap.com is for sale.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Jun 2, 2006.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Want to own this site? Now's your chance.

I've posted this in the admin forum that doesn't exist, and no one seems to be interested in it, so i'm going public with it here and now.

It's not something I want to do, but i'm finding less and less time for this place. I've been spending most of my free time trying to get CTF launched, and it could really use some more of my time.

If you are SERIOUSLY interested, pleaase PM me. I don't plan to post financial stats here in the public realm.

Price:
    $12,000 FIRM for active members (100+ recent posts).
    $15,000 FIRM for non-active members, or other sites looking to buy me out.

If you don't have the cash, don't waste my time please.

certified bank check shipped via fed ex or dhl express mail ONLY. I cannot take paypal on a transaction this large.

Reason for sale:
    - I need a new bed. This twin thing needs to go.
    - <strike>I need 2 air conditioners for the condo. it's already freakin hot.</strike> Just bought these 2 days ago.
    - My tub is leaking, so i need to get a plubmer in here and then fix my kitchen ceiling where it got water damaged.
    - I want to finish painitng my hall way that i started in march. The internet owns my time.
    - I just don't have as much time as I used to for this site, and i've taken on other pojects.
    I am probably starting a new job (will find out on thursday at my interview), I am trying to get CTF off the ground to make me some more money smile.gif, I recently got hired at vBSEO.com to create a search engine friendly template for vBulletin, plus i will be required to do forum support as a moderator of the template modifications forum, paid flat rate for the template, and monthly for support. I'm in the middle a re-design for mtcues.com I have 2 big free-lance contracts in july.. I also want to spend some time with hondadir.com and get that filled with links. I want to spend more time on my blog, skeymedia.com, and get that filled with more content and talks about my current projects, customer website over-views/case studies, more programming tips and hints, and a new layout.
    - I have 5 weddings to go to towards the end of the year, 1 of which i'm the best man at, so I need some free time to help out with these events.
    - i want to stop living paycheck to paycheck, and to put some cash in the bank. This will help get me started.

I love all of you like brothers, and hate to do this, but given my current situation in life, it's time to move on and I need the money to do so. It pains me to do this- it's almost like giving up your first-born son for adoption..... it's my baby. I've made a ton of great friends on here, met some awesome and unique people, and as a whole, made the honda community a better place.

Terms of sale:

Any current ad campaigns pre-paid must be run through their term. At current, no one is more than 2 months out.
    If you plan to continue to run google, vauleclick, or ypn ads, you will need to apply for your own accounts, as I cannot give you mine.

I stay on, as at least a moderator. I still want to be a member of the community and will be checking in from time to time.

I will be able to help a little bit at first to get you started if you need help, but in the long-term, the point is for me to STOP running the site.

---------------
    EDIT:

If the site doesn't sell in a week, I'm keeping it, but things are going to change.... DRASTICALLY. New forum software, no more gallery, no more blogs, re-designed, the whole 9.

Anyway, here's some stats stuff you can look at:

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s11hondaswap
    http://www.hondaswap.com/mint

2. micah

micah Senior Member

damn, wish i had the capability to take over. ive learned everything i know about hondas from here. this site is a huge asset to the community.

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

no joke...but no offense...if i had 15k i think my lude would be done.

We arent gonna let you go B. You already know im a forum troll. dont make me start in on CTF RAWR!!!

Also...5 weddings good lord..your almost in the same boat im in.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

15k on your car is a blow-out.
    15k here, and you'll be turning a profit before the end of '07.

it's an investment, which you WILL turn a profit on in a little over a year.

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

3 million hits yeah, id say so.

(edited out your post... can't post that stuff or G gets mad :p )

6. hondarin

hondarin Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. VIP

wow, just wow. sounds like you got a lot on your plate, but somehow i feel the site would just be "different" if you weren't running it. but, you gotta do what you gotta do....

7. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

I hope someone picks up where you left off. I've only been lurking here a lil while, but its great!! The amount of people that spew bullshit on here is few and far between. Such a relief from the lil babies on some other sites.

Not to mention all the great info I've gathered about all different topics. Good site man, you did a great job to date :mrgreen:

8. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

if its a profit why sell it?

a few bugfixes here... fixing some hacks there...

oh, add to the list i need to be a moderator of the fit section :)

9. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

The gallery, and the blogs REALLY break the deal for you ? What's involved in these for upkeep or your time ?

I mean, as a potential investor if these are going to go in a few week's time, why would I buy a site with them already in place ? What's the deal ?

Also, you do realise that Karnash is going to buy this place if he's really the man he says he is.

10. micah

micah Senior Member

karnash, lol

11. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Noooooo.... This site will go to shit if someone other than one of the regulars on here buys it. Fuck, then i won't have a place to go, i'll be lost on the intardnet.. :cry2:

I kinda had a feeling this was coming sometime soon though, its understandable. damn i wish i woulda been bustin ass in school the last few years and i might have been in the position to be interested in it.

i just hope whoever gets it, if someone else does, won't turn it into a shitty site with a bunch of ridiculous ads and shit talkin all the time.

not sure if i'm alone on this or not, but i think i'd rather have you change shit drastically in your own way, than have someone else buy it and not have any idea how they will change it.

12. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i second that

ooohhh fuck

13. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Exactly what i thought when i read that :p

14. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

The reason for that is B wants to switch to go away from Invision for verious reasons and the other software (all posts would be saved, don't worry) he is looking at doesn't support the gallery or blogs. If you buy the site, you can keep this software if you want, thus saving the gallery and blogs.

15. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

16. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yup exactly. Its not a deal breaker-- its just that the other software doesn't have those features, so they will be lost. frankly, no one but steve even uses the blogs... so they aren't worth it.

see my sig

17. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Check mate

18. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

o ok, i'm on the other coast anyways. thats what i thought it was, but i wasn't sure

19. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

well steve, you dont since you ran out of space :p

20. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

I'd buy it, when then everyone would delete or I'd delete the assclowns.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted