HondaSwap good samaritan opportunity

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
This is our chance to help out a good kid I know. He's a freshman at Rowan. He's had a shitty past but you would never know it from talking to the kid. The cliffnotes are that he never had a real dad, mother died at a young age, and from then on lived with is grandparents who weren't really qualified for the position. Well he moved out as soon as he could and has been on his own since. The full story has made girls break out in tears, like balling crying.

Now to the point of the thread. He works two jobs just to be able to stay in college. But now he needs a car to commute to one of them. I've been helping him look for one but I figured a few people here might want to help and I know a lot of you are better at finding deals than me. So the requirements.

-He as about $1000 but I'm sure if the right deal was in reach we could find the funds.

-Doesn't have to be a Honda or even an import but does have to be a car that can get good mpg.

-A car in good shape. Body doesn't have to be perfect but decent. I would like to find a car that could last this kid at least until he graduates but lets just see what we come up with first.

-It can be manual or auto.

-Right now my friend's uncle is selling a DA for $1000 but I don't think its the right car. It does have a backseat in it and I've been told it has a "Skyline exhaust". This makes me think at best a Skyline muffler is welded on this thing and it is loud as shit. I was going to buy it and put on a new exhaust (I drive my car with an N1 style on the highway no problem). Yea it's just that loud. I know the uncle and I would say either he babies it or beats on it. I don't really want to take that chance here unless I have to.

But anyway I know a lot of you are like me and spend a good portion of the day on CraigsList, etc. with no intention of buying anything. So if you see a nice deal somewhere, or know someone, or have something you could sell then just post it up and we can go from there. Thanks in advance to anyone that comes up with anything.

$1000 saved up
Working
Going to school
Turning down DAs because they either are "too loud" or "Possibly not well cared for"
Wants a car "in good shape".

Look, not asking to start a fight here, but this kid has it pretty goddam good.

I've driven cars that you wouldn't believe to look for jobs, cruise for cans and then go home - to the Keene main st park and on cold nights, the back of the soup kitchen - to survive.

Housing, food, $1000 to buy a car with and gainfully employed - I'm on the same damned boat.

I wanna hear why these girls are crying.

Werd. i mean, its good and all to give someone a hand, and i'm not saying this kid doesn't deserve it, but he should seriously find something withint that thousand dollars. if he's been through a lot of shit and has been strong enough to keep his head up this far, he will make it.

I moved 300 miles away from home, here to San Diego, at 17. i sold my '85 crx just to have enough money to get here. that was $600 dollars that seriously got burned up in the first two weeks here, living in a motel so we could work befroe we got our apartment. oh and i was no just worrying about me, but my gf also. we ran out of money before the apt was ready, and had no food. we were 1 night away from sleeping in our car in a big city that we didn't know at all. not taht sleepin in the car would have been that bad, but we were kids and didnt know wher to go.

4 years later i am still here, haven't ran back home. yes, school is harder and i don't work as much and my mom helps me now. the point is, that he can do it. he's one step ahead of a lot fo people.

if i was in the area or whatever i'd probably help out finding this guy a car and stuff, so its not like i am saying he doesn't deserve shit, its just that you should look at what he has and help him out within that.

good luck

Quoted post[/post]]
$1000 saved up
Working
Going to school
Turning down DAs because they either are "too loud" or "Possibly not well cared for"
Wants a car "in good shape".

Look, not asking to start a fight here, but this kid has it pretty goddam good.

I've driven cars that you wouldn't believe to look for jobs, cruise for cans and then go home - to the Keene main st park and on cold nights, the back of the soup kitchen - to survive.

Housing, food, $1000 to buy a car with and gainfully employed - I'm on the same damned boat.

I wanna hear why these girls are crying.
First off, this topic was to help this kid out. I'm not pulling out the pity trying to get a free car for him. I just want to get him all the car he can for his money. Second, he won't stop calling me about the DA. I'm the one that wants to see what's out there for him before spending all the money he saved.

And he doesn't have it all that great, his housing at school IS his housing. If things get rough he can't run home. His family, minus his friends, are non-existent. And you had to go to soup kitchen... woop dee doo. Maybe it's because you have an opinion on everything and don't have friends like this kid as made. I have know him for about a year and would do anything for the kid.

And he works two jobs because he needs to, he barely makes it every month, yet will give you his last dollar if you asked. This thread is to help this kid out. If you don't feel the need then don't post in it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Werd. i mean, its good and all to give someone a hand, and i'm not saying this kid doesn't deserve it, but he should seriously find something withint that thousand dollars. if he's been through a lot of shit and has been strong enough to keep his head up this far, he will make it.

I moved 300 miles away from home, here to San Diego, at 17. i sold my '85 crx just to have enough money to get here. that was $600 dollars that seriously got burned up in the first two weeks here, living in a motel so we could work befroe we got our apartment. oh and i was no just worrying about me, but my gf also. we ran out of money before the apt was ready, and had no food. we were 1 night away from sleeping in our car in a big city that we didn't know at all. not taht sleepin in the car would have been that bad, but we were kids and didnt know wher to go.

4 years later i am still here, haven't ran back home. yes, school is harder and i don't work as much and my mom helps me now. the point is, that he can do it. he's one step ahead of a lot fo people.

if i was in the area or whatever i'd probably help out finding this guy a car and stuff, so its not like i am saying he doesn't deserve shit, its just that you should look at what he has and help him out within that.

good luck
You had a home to go back to if things got bad enough, he doesn't. And not nit-picking on you but you moved away from home with full knowledge of what could happen. And you stretched yourself a little too thin. That's exactly what I'm trying to prevent. If he can get an equally good car for less than this DA, then that's what I'm posting this for.

Quoted post[/post]]
have him submit some links to hondadir.com :p
That's his one flaw, not a Honda tuner. :p

PS-Don't turn this thread into a fight. It was started to help someone and that's still what I want it to do.

Quoted post[/post]]
And you had to go to soup kitchen... woop dee doo. Maybe it's because you have an opinion on everything and don't have friends like this kid as made. I have know him for about a year and would do anything for the kid.

PS-Don't turn this thread into a fight. It was started to help someone and that's still what I want it to do.

:bustout:

If he were local I'd helphim find one, but unfortunately he isn't. Donations, I'll drop a couple bucks. I'm fortunate to have a loving family.

Back