1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HondaSwap = Haterswap? *slight vulgarity*

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by swanny, Nov 15, 2003.

1. swanny

swanny Senior Member

i was actually thinking of posting similar. the amount of gay posts and bickering between members has increased 10 fold since i first viewing this site. not saying i dont do it sometimes, but it has gotten out of control. 2F2F i belive has a lot to do with it, everything that goes mainstream goes to hell.

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I hear you, I won't flame you, I agree with you actually.

My view is honestly that I could care less about what others do to their rides, it's all subjective. There might be some hate against all the so called ricer shit or whatever people want to call it on this board simply for the fact that the owner and mods that originally started this board were guys that built cars for speed, longivity, handling, etc. and visual appearance was the last thing in mind. I do see where you are coming from and like I stated above also agree.

Some of the peeps get a little wound up into noob postings, me - I try to steer people in the general direction of getting them the most for their buck and to evaluate and reply to gettting them to their automotive goals by using the least amount of money and time.

I love this board, I am not even a honda fan anymore but I still post information for you guys and help people out even from the aspect of getting discounted parts. I have decided to stay and will stay until the server takes a shit..lol

As far as the whole big wing, bling bling aspect of the industry is concerned I simply look the other way and honestly don't leacture on what you should or shouldn't do, cause it's your car - not mine.

Love HondaSwap, nuff said... :D

3. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

I think most of us do just laugh cause most of these guys are helpless. I had a friend that was a "ricer" and over time i converted him. I think Blanco has a good point about how we should help and not flame about these guys. Cause lets face it at one point in time we were like this. think about the more we help these guys out the less there will be of them!

On the other hand I hate those noobs that give false information and lead someone to something that they dont need. sometimes noobs tend to cause havoc and deserve a good flamming

im off my soap box now :D

4. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

mang you got some balls! :eek: :p

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

You know, everyone starts out as a noob. I started out not telling the difference between a distributor and a alternator. I am sure B started out with "what is a B series, etc" We all have to start off fresh and new. But at the same token new people to this sport have to come in with an open mind about things, wanting to learn, doing stuff for themselves because that is the essential foundation for this sport. That is the difference between people who love this and will keep doing it and the peeps that joined due to peer involvement, movies, etc,, and yes I know that some peeps that initially get into this sport via the movies turn out to love the sport and keep doing it also - I am aware of that.

I agree that the pointless arguing is getting in excess..

6. swanny

swanny Senior Member

yeah he has balls and i give him a pat on the back for it.

7. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

jeebus! i am really glad there are others who feel like this. i have already mentioned this problem to some of the staff and got mixed responses. hopefully when they see that the members also feel this way, something will change! :thumbsup:

8. swanny

swanny Senior Member

i mean, your obviously going to have conflicts when there is so many members with differing knowledge, taste and english skills but it is getting out of hand compared to when i first joined.

9. Wycked Sniper

Wycked Sniper Senior Member

All I can say is niiiiiiiiiiice. thanks Blanco for sort of typing what I wish I would have said LMFAO. Anyways, I give you a firm handshake and a thanks.

10. khrisb

khrisb ******

Anybody notice that most of the flaming comes from a couple of the mods themselves...? :ph34r:

11. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

AND THIS MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE RIGHT HERE.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "takes balls" ???????

what the fuck kind of shit is that? if you dont like the way things are run around here, then go somewhere else. so you stand up for a bunch of fucktards...
    big deal.

fuck, i know the REAL reason (make that 3 or 4 reasons that joined in the past few months) why hondaswap has gone down the hill.

we are just sick of the fucking bullshit ass n00bs and dumb fucking bullshit that just keeps on getting flung around.

what the fuck is this?

WWW.HONDA-BE_NICE_AND_COURTEOUS_TO_YOUR_NEIGHBORS_SWAP.COM?

take that Mr. Rogers fucking bullshit somewhere else.

12. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

Haterswap? you stole my word! die you bastard!!!

j/k.. agree with you wholeheartedly

13. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

:worthy:

:D

14. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

i 1st came here to this site in march of 92 freshly after i bought a set altezza's for my car... i told people what mods i did and everyone kindly told me to take it off they didn't flame me they didn't ban me they welcomed me with open arms. the locking and flaming got so bad a few months back i took a month break from here

15. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I got flamed like no other. THere is pictures of me with statements containing my rice mobile and I'm still here.

16. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

your that one dude in every group that people just fucks with.

17. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

I hear you Blanco :werd:

18. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

this site has actually taught me to respect other peoples rides even if i dont like them (with the exceptions of gey ass neons)

F&F actually helped i think
    2F2F definately messed things up a bit

i didnt really get into tuning cars till right around F&F, the movie persuaded me to work on my car and learn more about the culture.

2F2F just helped me to realized that i am not ghey cause there will always be cars that ugly on the road.

19. UDT

UDT Senior Member

i argee 100% this is what i having been trying to say the only thing is i have already seen some (1 or more not saying) of the flamers i was thinking of post in this very thread saying they agree i wont mention any names :unsure:

20. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the fast and furious came out in may of 2001. hondaswap did not even get built until mid 2002. Blaming the fast and furious is simply bullshit. Blaming a movie or Beavis and Butthead on something is the same thing as blaming a car site turning to shit.

Blanco, frankly, you share the SAME thoughts and ideals as all of our staff here, as expressed in the mod forum which doesn't exist :ph34r:

however, along the same lines, what the fuck can the 10 of us possibly do to stop, change, or alter the way things are vs. 8500+ members, 1000+ who activly post?

If you have an idea, by all means share it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted