Hondaswap skiers and riders...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I ride Flows. Call me lazy, but I absolutely love them.

It's not lazy at all. I love the fact that I can step in, lock my high back and ride quicker than everyone else. I love the forums I just hate the week after. I actually pulled the trigger on the 2015 k2 cinch CTS in blue yesterday. Found them on evo.com and they price matched another sites price.

I am currently looking into some new in helmet speakers for this season. I am currently rocking the skull candy drops and they work fine but I am getting annoyed with the cord. Anyone out there rock a bluetooth setup? I would love to have a wireless rig that can control volume, mute, change tracks and answer calls. Two way communication with other riders is a plus (I know the motorcycle industry has some systems with intercom). Getting excited. I bought my pass yesterday and traditionally the local hill opens up the week of Thanksgiving.

I am currently looking into some new in helmet speakers for this season. I am currently rocking the skull candy drops and they work fine but I am getting annoyed with the cord. Anyone out there rock a bluetooth setup? I would love to have a wireless rig that can control volume, mute, change tracks and answer calls. Two way communication with other riders is a plus (I know the motorcycle industry has some systems with intercom). Getting excited. I bought my pass yesterday and traditionally the local hill opens up the week of Thanksgiving.
http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Optics-...p/B00AUP3UHK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I've considered the same. I read reviews of these last year that showed people had problems with it. Buy them and let me know what you think of them. :p

Currently unavailable and to be honest I am looking to get away from Skullcandy as I am not impressed with my current wired ones. Thanks for the link though.
Ya, i've heard terrible reviews of skullcandy.

Alternatively people have been purchasing higher quality headphones and removing the head band to turn them into drop ins, like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Su...93621501&sr=1-2&keywords=Sennheiser+PX+100-II
and hooking them up to a Jabra Tag:
http://www.epicski.com/t/109378/2012-bluetooth-shootout-uclear-ubc120-vs-sena-sph10s

You can also check these out.
http://www.epicski.com/t/109378/2012-bluetooth-shootout-uclear-ubc120-vs-sena-sph10s

Wow, mammoth is best in CA and Squaw is the best in the Tahoe area? Not sure I agree with those. :p

On a side note, headed to Tahoe this weekend for a week! woo hoo!

No sign of snow around here in the near future. My first tracks may be in the Alps in late January.

yeah, stupid warm winter in these parts this year. 20+ degrees above normal for december. we're seeing 55-65 when we should be seeing 35-45. highs.

We got some seriously deep snow right now. Haven't had a chance to go. Wedding planning is killing any free weekends I have. Mt Baker has the most snow I think in the US.

I went a few weeks ago when we got around 2 feet of fresh snow up in the Sierras. Went through the trees and ended up going over a lightly covered boulder and took ALL the wax + some Ptex off my board. Made the board nearly unridable. Quick belt wax down at the shop allowed it to last about another 2 hours before that wore off.

Now I got a 2nd hand iron from goodwill, some Ptex sticks, scrapers, hot wax and an edger. I plan on doing my own tuning and repairs from now on. :p

upload_2015-12-18_10-14-28.png

Oh, and we're headed to Boulder CO the day after Christmas since the in-laws just moved there. I plan on hitting Vail for a couple days. :)

I went a few weeks ago when we got around 2 feet of fresh snow up in the Sierras. Went through the trees and ended up going over a lightly covered boulder and took ALL the wax + some Ptex off my board. Made the board nearly unridable. Quick belt wax down at the shop allowed it to last about another 2 hours before that wore off.

Now I got a 2nd hand iron from goodwill, some Ptex sticks, scrapers, hot wax and an edger. I plan on doing my own tuning and repairs from now on. :p

View attachment 24174

Oh, and we're headed to Boulder CO the day after Christmas since the in-laws just moved there. I plan on hitting Vail for a couple days. :)

That sucks. Just take it easy the first couple of times you try and wax/tune it yourself as it takes some finesse. I have been doing all my own tuning the last 3-4 years. When waxing make sure you use good quality wax and check the forecast so you can match the wax. Also make sure you scrape all the wax off and use a scotch bright pad from tip to tail so you have some small grooves to break the water tension. My current set-up is a Dakine tune kit w/ iron, a set of clamps on my workbench and I have a hot box at my shop so I can bake my board for 8 hours at 140. It is a pretty sweet setup and I prefer waxing that way when possible as I feel it gets a better wax on the base. For quick in between waxes I still iron it on but it doesn't seem to last as long. Happy riding!

That sucks. Just take it easy the first couple of times you try and wax/tune it yourself as it takes some finesse. I have been doing all my own tuning the last 3-4 years. When waxing make sure you use good quality wax and check the forecast so you can match the wax. Also make sure you scrape all the wax off and use a scotch bright pad from tip to tail so you have some small grooves to break the water tension. My current set-up is a Dakine tune kit w/ iron, a set of clamps on my workbench and I have a hot box at my shop so I can bake my board for 8 hours at 140. It is a pretty sweet setup and I prefer waxing that way when possible as I feel it gets a better wax on the base. For quick in between waxes I still iron it on but it doesn't seem to last as long. Happy riding!
Thank you, pointers are definitely welcome as I've never done this before. I got that big brush to add the small grooves for water tension, hope that is enough? I have to scrape everything off to repair my PTEX anyways.

I'm using SWIX waxes, got 2 diff temp ranges.

Back