Hondaswap skiers and riders...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No snow around here. I've been hearing the east will be having a mild winter

We don't get snow until around February. :/ I guess that's a good thing; I still remember when 2" of snow/ice caused a grid lock here. Embarrassing....

Anyone know where to go now that sierrasnowboard.com is essentially shut down/bankrupt?

I should've bought the boards when they were 70% off. There's still a product cart on the new website, but the prices are only 50% off.
K2e2vin said:
That's still a good deal, I guess...

Do they have "beginner" packages? Anything to save a little money as I'm new to snowboarding.
The House Burton Snowboards, Snowboard Boots, Bindings, Jackets, Pants, Clothing, K2, Ride, DC, Holden, Bonfire
That's where I got my set-up and some gear. Ask about last year's models too. I saved almost $200 because I got a 2010 set-up rather than a 2011. They also have packages for ~$200-300 if I recall correctly for beginners.

Another good one is Dogfunk.com: Snowboarding Clothing and Gear from Burton, Volcom, DC Shoe Co., RVCA, Nixon, Oakley, Vans, Reef, DAKINE, and Forum. The only thing with that one is that they have inventory, but when it's out, it's out until next year.

First weekend out. Hit up Mount Snow in Southern VT. Great conditions considering how early in the season it is.

But the advice of the weekend is...... get a helmet. Saturday was my first time wearing one and had I not been, my season would have been over, maybe worse. All I hit was snow. Can't even imagine if it was a rail or tree.

This is what the Evo is good for.. Driving in the snow and acting as a bench to keep your beer.
IMG_5305.JPG

IMG_5305.jpg

The day started off great; then after lunch it started raining.. :(

I've been looking at getting another board setup lately since its been 2 years since I've been boarding. Tell me what you think! Sorry about the huge pics, if a mod can resize that would be great.

Board: Flow Era 152 - 2011
flow-era-all-11-zoom.jpg

Bindings: Flow NXT-AT
flow-nxt-at-bnd-blk-11.jpg

Boots: Flow Rival Quickfit
flow-rival-quickfit-bt-whtblk-11.jpg

I'm kinda partial to Flow, can you tell? lol

I've rocked flow bindings for like 5 years on the same set. Maybe the newer ones are flimsier, but mine are rock solid.

Well maybe you snowboard like a pussy?

jp.

You're probably right about the flimsiness(sp?) and the such. I guess I've just spent many evenings in the past few months going with buddies shopping for bindings, and most of them are returning their flow's to REI from last year because they broke mid season and had to go back to their burton cartel's or whatever.

I've been looking at getting another board setup lately since its been 2 years since I've been boarding. Tell me what you think! Sorry about the huge pics, if a mod can resize that would be great.

Board: Flow Era 152 - 2011
flow-era-all-11-zoom.jpg

Bindings: Flow NXT-AT
flow-nxt-at-bnd-blk-11.jpg

Boots: Flow Rival Quickfit
flow-rival-quickfit-bt-whtblk-11.jpg

I'm kinda partial to Flow, can you tell? lol
I have this exact set-up. Only difference is my Era is a 2010 155W. The 2011 is suppose to have even more pop though.

The boots are comfortable and stay tight.

The bindings take some pre-hill and on-hill adjustments, but once you get them dialed in, they are great. I've never heard of Flows breaking. 3 separate shops I've talked to said they've never had any Flow bindings come back broken. I just hear people say they either like them or don't.

First weekend out. Hit up Mount Snow in Southern VT. Great conditions considering how early in the season it is.

But the advice of the weekend is...... get a helmet. Saturday was my first time wearing one and had I not been, my season would have been over, maybe worse. All I hit was snow. Can't even imagine if it was a rail or tree.

I just bought one (second one) too! We were teaching a buddy and he caught back edge harder than anyone I have every seen. Luckily the run before I had run out to my truck and grabbed by old helmet that I have honestly never worn. If he hadn't been wearing it - it could have been really bad. I got the new Giro MX in matte black with the visor. I tried it on in the store and I love their ratcheting fit system. It works a lot like construction hard hats. I can't wait to try it out this weekend.

I just bought one (second one) too! We were teaching a buddy and he caught back edge harder than anyone I have every seen. Luckily the run before I had run out to my truck and grabbed by old helmet that I have honestly never worn. If he hadn't been wearing it - it could have been really bad. I got the new Giro MX in matte black with the visor. I tried it on in the store and I love their ratcheting fit system. It works a lot like construction hard hats. I can't wait to try it out this weekend.
Exactly what I did. But I was in the park. Wasn't even going that fast, but landed, went to carve and slow down backside, and I just felt it catch hard.

I've never heard of Flows breaking. 3 separate shops I've talked to said they've never had any Flow bindings come back broken. I just hear people say they either like them or don't.

Quick question. Do they sell flow's?

Anyone can google it. but I guess we don't have east coast hills here, I ride mountaints, where I wouldn't sacrifice strapping in quickly for a binding that is known to break often.

Good source for ya

Last edited:
I caught a heel edge sliding a frozen log and my head bounced off the log knocking me out for between 10 and 30 seconds (I was told). I now wear a helmet.

Me own some flows? Nah. I mostly two plank, but if/when i board, it's on traditional strap ins, old burtons.

I ride mostly with boarders, and they go through flows like "b goes through underwear" (2000si quote for ya).

I'm rocking a Smith holt for safety. Although their styling, it doesn't fit well with the oakley wisdoms.

HOLTHELMET_MTEGRPH.jpg

+

7494.21143_d.jpg

=

FAIL. So I'm going to upgrade to the oakley crowbars.

Last edited:
You never think you need it until you wake up in a pile of snow with a splitting headache wondering where the hell you are.

Quick question. Do they sell flow's?
They all sold and mostly ride Flows.
Anyone can google it. but I guess we don't have east coast hills here, I ride mountaints, where I wouldn't sacrifice strapping in quickly for a binding that is known to break often.
Yea we don't have planes on the East Coast either. Nearly everyone I know has been out west. Utah, Colorado, Canada. I'm going to Colorado in March. A good portion of this group rides Flows.

Guess none of them push the bindings hard enough to break them. Guess Scotty Lago needs to push harder too then.
From the link....
There are some known quality issues with Flow's. When they first came out the plastic in the highback was prone to breaking due to poor quality plastic. This was corrected some years ago and is only an issue when purchasing used bindings. One issue that still seems to be occurring is the breakage of the straps for the top pad. They are honoring the warranty and replacing straps that break. These straps should be expected to break eventually due to wear and tear and exposure to cold weather. Traditional strap bindings break for the same reasons.
Notice the areas I have marked in bold.

From my experience, Flow gear in general is like any major sporting team, be it the Cowboys, Patriots, or Yankees. You either love them or hate them and no amount of evidence will change your mind.

Last edited:
Back