Hondaswap skiers and riders...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Me own some flows? Nah. I mostly two plank, but if/when i board, it's on traditional strap ins, old burtons.

I ride mostly with boarders, and they go through flows like "b goes through underwear" (2000si quote for ya).

I'm rocking a Smith holt for safety. Although their styling, it doesn't fit well with the oakley wisdoms.
Smith Holt is exactly what I have. I have some old ass Smith Scopes that work great with them too. Just need some new lenses. I want to go somewhere and make sure new lenses will fit in the old Scopes first though.

Yeah for what I paid, it is a great helmet. I paid like 35 bucks at REI this last sale they had. I also bought the built in headphone system for another 15 thinking it was going to be bad ass. Well it doesn't fit, even though its for a large holt.

Yeah for what I paid, it is a great helmet. I paid like 35 bucks at REI this last sale they had. I also bought the built in headphone system for another 15 thinking it was going to be bad ass. Well it doesn't fit, even though its for a large holt.
Mine was a gift from the parents because, "We're not taking care of you when you turn yourself into a vegetable".

As for music, not my thing. I like to hear everything around me, be it the silence or the douche that's about to cut me off and not even realize. PSA for ALL skiers and boarders; Look uphill before you fucking turn.

Down hill skiers and boarders have the right of way dude. It is your responsibility to avoid them. I don't always agree but it is a universal code. look it up.

Down hill skiers and boarders have the right of way dude. It is your responsibility to avoid them. I don't always agree but it is a universal code. look it up.
I'm aware of that, but that wasn't exactly what I was talking about. If you don't belong on a diamond or park trail, then be aware of your surroundings as you attempt to navigate it.

And even if that is the rule, everyone should be aware of their surroundings. Collisions hurt both people, not just those at fault.

I park it or backside mostly so I don't have "traffic" issues. No one skis around me besides my buddies and we are "aware" of each other. And it pumps me up to listen to some Hell Yeah while riding.

I'm aware of that, but that wasn't exactly what I was talking about. If you don't belong on a diamond or park trail, then be aware of your surroundings as you attempt to navigate it.

And even if that is the rule, everyone should be aware of their surroundings. Collisions hurt both people, not just those at fault.

Couldn't agree more - I especially hate the morons who take their teathered kids down the diamonds and let them snowplow the whole way while making super huge cuts. Then they get pissed when people say something or going whizzing by them. And the worst offenders of this are ski patrol and instructors. They think they are gods gift to the slopes. I was almost taken out by a patroler going the wrong way on a pass through - he wasn't looking when he almost ran into me. Then he had the balls to threaten to yank my pass if I didn't stop giving him grief.

I've been counting down the days to my Colorado trip this weekend.

On Saturday my brother and I land in Denver at 7:45AM. This gives us enough time to ski at Loveland Pass. This relatively unknown place has lots of open bowl skiing right on the continental divide.

Sunday I'll be skiing Copper Mountain with my cousins.
CopperMountainL.jpg

Monday I'll be going to Vail. The king of Colorado resorts. Best known for the back bowls.
vail_bowl-043.jpg

Tuesday is the Wild Card day. Havn't decided where to go.

Watch out I hear Loveland Pass is prime for avalanches this year and that they have already had one.

The trip was fucking amazing! Makes me want to move out there...

Went to Copper the first day. Snowed all day (10"+)
169873_638024721400_21902466_36930915_7215062_o.jpg

At Vail the second day
134769_638307898910_21902466_36938759_2740061_o.jpg

170938_638309670360_21902466_36938804_1550093_o.jpg

Hit up Breckenridge the 3rd day
134654_638437454280_21902466_36941127_7819218_o.jpg

In the middle of Horseshoe Bowl
135435_638438137910_21902466_36941150_2605529_o.jpg

170073_638440852470_21902466_36941222_8069487_o.jpg

Bringing this back up. I've planned a trip out to California to snow summit, and mammoth on March 23rd-28th. Went out and bought new clothes for it today, and got jacket, pants, goggles, helmet, and gloves, for just under $400 bucks at a local ski/board shop.

Red hi-fi helmet
Red-HiFi-II-Helmet-Large.jpg

Oakley Heritage pipe gloves
55982.jpg

Oakley O-Frame OTG Goggles
o_02462_09.jpg

Columbia Titanium Pants
31wLnJGgXLL.jpg

Oakley Freight Jacket
oakley-freight-snowboard-jacket-white.jpg

I would recommend this stuff to anyone looking for a new outfit, and I can't wait to use it at the end of this month!

Back