Hondaswap stalker

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kanned

Beast
What's up everybody. Simply introducing myself and wanted to let you all know that I've been reading this forum all day at work for the past two weeks straight. This is my step out of the shadows =P. Just from reading all the sections, I've found tons of useful information about my civic that I just dropped a freshly rebuilt motor into. I'm sure I'll be giving my fair share of feedback because work has been a bit slow lately.

Sean

I guess I have to tell you all that I have a 00 four door civic and just spent nearly 1400 bucks to have the stock D16Y7 motor rebuilt. I'm so sorry and ashamed... Please don't ban me! At least it's faster than the 92 Isuzu I'm driving now and manual so I can just burn out the clutch and pretend it's fast =P. Haha, I need a daily driver with the best mileage possible due to a change in financial priorities. I bought the car for 500 bucks from a wholesaler who never laid his eyes on it to notice it's damn mint. It's lowered, has custom exhaust, and I found 17" rims in the trunk. I drove it home from the lot that day. Because it was so cheap, if I want to put money into a car, I'll buy an older model and keep this one as a DD.

I guess I have to tell you all that I have a 00 four door civic and just spent nearly 1400 bucks to have the stock D16Y7 motor rebuilt. I'm so sorry and ashamed... Please don't ban me! At least it's faster than the 92 Isuzu I'm driving now and manual so I can just burn out the clutch and pretend it's fast =P. Haha, I need a daily driver with the best mileage possible due to a change in financial priorities. I bought the car for 500 bucks from a wholesaler who never laid his eyes on it to notice it's damn mint. It's lowered, has custom exhaust, and I found 17" rims in the trunk. I drove it home from the lot that day. Because it was so cheap, if I want to put money into a car, I'll buy an older model and keep this one as a DD.
:wave: welcome aboard, my opinion boost this one, and get another dd

:wave: welcome aboard, my opinion boost this one, and get another dd

Besides what I mentioned in my first post, all I've added is a decent clutch. Unfortunately, it will stay like this for a while. Because of it's appearance, I'm sure douche bags will be revving their engines at me... So I think after about 8583324 occurrences I'll get fed up and put a turbo on it.

hey. you're kinda cute.

Thanks for the compliment. It doesn't hurt to give them out every once and a while and it's not always leg humping. Besides, her car is faster than mine, therefore she is out of my league. Hahahaha =P

Damn, I thought I was going to be getting a bunch of shit for having a stock sedan lol. Thanks, I think it looks nice as well(Assuming your comment wasn't sarcastic). Should be off the stands this weekend and I can't wait. Like I said, nothing special, but I'll put up a picture when it's off to boast about my $500 car =D.

hey, i know you complain about the ladies being inactive... might as well spark up something.

:) yea, thought i'd say so... sorry i didn't say anything about what you had. My car isn't fast. Please don't think that at all... but... I haven't 'lost' yet. :p

Welcome to the site... and there's nothing wrong with a stock motor in a honda. it just means you plan on boosting it, right? :p

How's the weather there in FL anyway?

Welcome to the site... and there's nothing wrong with a stock motor in a honda. it just means you plan on boosting it, right? :p
I'm trying to fight the urges, but I'm sure I'll cave. Probably a turbo in the near future and minor improvements here and there down the road.

How's the weather there in FL anyway?
An average of 75ish. The coldest it has been here was about 40 degrees and that was at night. Whenever we manage to get a cold front(Approximately once every 2-3 weeks so far) it only stays cool for 3 days maximum. After the first day of the front, the temperature increases by about 10-15 degrees each following day until it's warm again. Some of you may wish for it, but when it's winter I want to know it's winter. Imagine Christmas when it's 80 degrees out ='(. So share the wealth and pass a few cold fronts my way you damn greedy northerners! What's it like in California? I've never been, nor have I heard stories of it being cold there.

On another note, I found all of the previous owner's projects on this car and he was wire happy. Battery terminals in the trunk, LEDs hooked up to the stereo, fog lights, and a few pairs of standard speaker wire going to his trunk along with two massive power cables. 20 bucks says this guy is deaf =P. Not to mention he has a lot of these things running through an on/off switch, including the battery and power cables in the trunk. I'm a bit confused about his logic on some other things I've found also, but I'm not going to mess around with it much until it's off the stands. I'll let you all know what I find and more than likely ask a few questions.

Also, thanks to everyone for welcoming me. I feel so.... welcomed.

Last edited:
Back