HondaSwap weight loss challenge!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

Well, not so much a challenge. Just wanted to let you fuckers know that I have lost 36lbs since June and I am losing weight every week consistently.

I have been eating lots of vegetables and clean protein (chicken breast, whey protein shakes, protein bars) and have cut pretty much ALL simple carbohydrates out of my diet. I feel sooooooo much healthier now that I am not eating huge meals consisting of nothing but crap. I also strength train once a week. I try to do cardio, but I am lazy as hell still, so I rarely do that shit. I know the fat would be rolling off me if I did. I should really start using the eliptical machines or treadmills.

If anyone has any tips or anything for me, I'd be greatly appreciative of any advice. Y'know, besides "run some more, fatass" cause it's obvious that I don't do enough cardiovascular training.

Hopefully I can get some up-to-date pics posted here soon to show my progress. It's weird, my veins are actually rising up above my skin. That's new, haha.

Power on!

Thats great stuff. Success stories are what I live off of.

I'm in the opposite boat and I desperately want to put on mass. I had gotten myself up 15lbs heavier to a very respectable weight at my height but I want to be bigger AND leaner.

@ 5'8 175lbs-180lbs and 8% bodyfat I'll be content, or I say that until I get there.

I was at 5'10 266...now im at 225 since like a month in a half now im happy I try to run everyday...but ive been lazy past couple of days...school :p but gl to ya man

8% body fat would be insane. I'd be happy with 15%, lol.

Eat TONS of clean protein, dude. Also, cut out all the sugar and nasty-ass fat you can from your diet. The idea is to starve your fat cells and feed your muscle cells. And weight train with high intensity, not lots of reps. You should be training to muscular failure in three sets @ 6-8 reps apiece. With strength training, harder is better. And the most often you should train is once every four to five days, otherwise you set yourself up for over-training and won't allow you musculature enough time to rest and grow.

At least... that's all the stuff my uncle told me. He's a personal trainer and nutrition coach at a private gym. He also wrote a diet/exercise book which has pretty much been my fuckin bible over the course of the summer. his website is www.ronshinkle.com

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Sep 7 2005, 10:11 PM
If anyone has any tips or anything for me, I'd be greatly appreciative of any advice. Y'know, besides "run some more, fatass" cause it's obvious that I don't do enough cardiovascular training.

tina-meth-pipe.jpg

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Sep 7 2005, 10:22 PM
shit i wish i can gain weight. sucks being a god damn bean pole sometimes
[post=551052]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

I'll take that 36 lbs you lost, that'd put me up to 164.

Holy shit, Wil. That's a great idea! It shouldn't be too hard to get a fat bag of crank, I do live in Pierce County.

I'll be down to 120lbs in no time, puffin on that glass dick...

I knew I could count on you for moral support, buddy ol' pal. ]

Also, I really am gonna get those VX wheels to you, but I still haven't been able to get to Spokane yet, haha.

Awesome, I have lost around 20 lbs over the summer by eating less meals that are healthier.

Also, i am riding my bike around mostly due to my car crash. It helps my health i think i am in the best shape i have ever been in.

Actually, when dohc said Wil's name, it reminded me of something I told Wil himself.

Find yourself a small business complex. Grab a 6' ladder, & ask if you can go up into their attic.

Do this around noon or so, Get up in the attic and start doing pushups or pullups, or if there's enough room jumping jacks. Even though I'm only 128, I was up in a 150 degree attic just sitting there (while running wires) sweating my ass off. I weighed myself that night and lost 5 lbs.

Hell, go up into your parents attic if anything. It works... and it's free.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 7 2005, 10:36 PM
[post=551073]Quoted post[/post]​

until you re-hydrate yourself..

I'm 6'4" and was 234.. heaviest I've ever been in my life. Been dieting for around 3 weeks now and am down to... 222 (just weighed myself)..

but I just drank two beers and had dinner.. so I'm probably right at 220.

My diet?

NO snacking between meals. NONE. Eat whatever the hell you want. Once a day. No brekfast, no lunch. Drink coffee all damned day. Try not to make your one meal a big fat greaseball.

Not much of a diet, nor healthy, but it seems to be working...

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 7 2005, 07:36 PM
Actually, when dohc said Wil's name, it reminded me of something I told Wil himself.

Find yourself a small business complex. Grab a 6' ladder, & ask if you can go up into their attic.

Do this around noon or so, Get up in the attic and start doing pushups or pullups, or if there's enough room jumping jacks. Even though I'm only 128, I was up in a 150 degree attic just sitting there (while running wires) sweating my ass off. I weighed myself that night and lost 5 lbs.

Not a smart idea. You are not losing fat, you are losing water. Water is needed to stay healthy. Hell switching from diet pop to 2Litres of water a day, I put on 5 solid lbs of muscle and I lost 3%bf in a matter of a month. I'd kill to put on that much a month, but it'd be impossible with how much I work(manual labor).

If you get bored of what you're drinking, pick up some crystle light and stuff, its awesome. I live off that and water. Also, find a friend that will do cardio with you. Go outside and run, or ride a bike or something, its much healthier and you two can make progress together. I did it this summer with a buddy, we were in both good shape, but now I have the perma-six pack and I'm benching 1.4X my body weight, and bench is by far my worst area.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Sep 7 2005, 10:21 PM
8% body fat would be insane. I'd be happy with 15%, lol.

Eat TONS of clean protein, dude. Also, cut out all the sugar and nasty-ass fat you can from your diet. The idea is to starve your fat cells and feed your muscle cells. And weight train with high intensity, not lots of reps. You should be training to muscular failure in three sets @ 6-8 reps apiece. With strength training, harder is better. And the most often you should train is once every four to five days, otherwise you set yourself up for over-training and won't allow you musculature enough time to rest and grow.

At least... that's all the stuff my uncle told me. He's a personal trainer and nutrition coach at a private gym. He also wrote a diet/exercise book which has pretty much been my fuckin bible over the course of the summer. his website is www.ronshinkle.com
[post=551051]Quoted post[/post]​

**oh and I'm probably 12-15% bodyfat now. I was down around 4% bodyfat when I was running and was way smaller. 8% would be hard for me to maintain because my genetics like me to store fat around my thick waist, but its a longterm goal to hover between 8-12% at a daily basis.

I buy Whey protein by the 10lb bags ;) and am on a high protein, high carb diet to gain weight. Sugar definately makes me store the fat like none other so I stick to mostly complex carbohydrates (brown rice, wheat bread, wheat pasta, etc) and only have simple sugars when I eat fruits.

I agree with most of what you said. I've been in this game for quite awhile. My primary obstacle to overcome is my diet and in a close second my genetics.

I've put on roughly 1/2 of the bodyweight that I once was three years ago.

There's no such thing as starving your fat cells and feeding your muscle cells, because cells act as a collective unit and all our nurished the same way. This is why most bodybuilders or people trying to gain mass quickly go on Bulk/Cut cycles. You bulk by eating calories progressively over maintenance and you can both fat and muscle quickly, then you Cut and progressively reduce your caloric intake and strategically perform cardio and lifting in such a way that you keep as much muscle tissue and maass as possible.

Number of sets and reps, really doesn't matter as long as you as you are increasing the weight in a progressive fashion. The key to lifting is progressing steadily.

This whole idea of overtraining isn't without founding but its beaten to death in current times. People have just become lazy and use overtraining as an excuse to slack in some cases. The old rule of lifting every other day still sticks.

Beginners should be performing the major compound movements (bench press, squat, deadlift, rows, military press) that allow the most muscles to be used and effected. A traditional split is 3 days a week. Rest in between each day and then the weekend off.

I'm a hardgainer, somebody that has trouble putting muscle on and I can overtrain fairly quickly if I go too intensely too often but I have found I don't see any results if I lift every other day.

Bodybuilding is 91% diet, 8% rest, and 1% actual lifting. Your uncle told you some wise things.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 7 2005, 07:49 PM

until you re-hydrate yourself..

I'm 6'4" and was 234.. heaviest I've ever been in my life. Been dieting for around 3 weeks now and am down to... 222 (just weighed myself)..

but I just drank two beers and had dinner.. so I'm probably right at 220.

My diet?

NO snacking between meals. NONE. Eat whatever the hell you want. Once a day. No brekfast, no lunch. Drink coffee all damned day. Try not to make your one meal a big fat greaseball.

Not much of a diet, nor healthy, but it seems to be working...
[post=551083]Quoted post[/post]​

I would advise against this. Eating more less is way worse then eating less more often. THe best meal of the day is breakfast because it speeds up your metabolism, then lunch, and the worst is dinner, becuase the majority of your food turns into waste becuase you aren't oging to be using it besides replenishing what you burned during the day, and during sleep.

THe key is to eat for future energy and not for replenishment, which is a big misconception of hunger.

I have four to five small meals a day, nothing more then a protein bar and an orange, to a chicken breast and a bowl of rice. I only allow my self two caloric beverages a day of milk at breakfast and dinner.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 7 2005, 10:36 PM

I'm sorry to break this to you but body temperature really has no effect on how many calories you burn. In terms of weight loss and weight gain, calories are the only thing that matter. You can take in 1000 calories of McDonalds if and if your maintenance calories are 2000 then you just lost weight.

Its simple but people make the idea out to be very complex, because its easier to make excuses and not deal with it. Burn more calories than you eat and you just lost weight.

As for you losing your 5lbs, thats mostly due to dehydration. I used to do the same thing when I had to make weight for wrestling. I would run in sweatshirts or rubber suits (which are illegal in most places) and watch the pounds shed.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Sep 7 2005, 10:50 PM-->
@Sep 7 2005, 07:36 PM

Not a smart idea. You are not losing fat, you are losing water. Water is needed to stay healthy. Hell switching from diet pop to 2Litres of water a day, I put on 5 solid lbs of muscle and I lost 3%bf in a matter of a month. I'd kill to put on that much a month, but it'd be impossible with how much I work(manual labor).

If you get bored of what you're drinking, pick up some crystle light and stuff, its awesome. I live off that and water. Also, find a friend that will do cardio with you. Go outside and run, or ride a bike or something, its much healthier and you two can make progress together. I did it this summer with a buddy, we were in both good shape, but now I have the perma-six pack and I'm benching 1.4X my body weight, and bench is by far my worst area.
[post=551084]Quoted post[/post]​

The exercise will burn the fat off, not to mention build muscle... but it's not that hard to come down and get some water. :blink:

What you think I stayed up in an attic for 4 hours and dehydrated myself real bad? I didn't lose water (after I came down and put 3 cups away), I lost what fat I do have.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Sep 7 2005, 10:54 PM

I would advise against this. Eating more less is way worse then eating less more often. THe best meal of the day is breakfast because it speeds up your metabolism, then lunch, and the worst is dinner, becuase the majority of your food turns into waste becuase you aren't oging to be using it besides replenishing what you burned during the day, and during sleep.

THe key is to eat for future energy and not for replenishment, which is a big misconception of hunger.

I have four to five small meals a day, nothing more then a protein bar and an orange, to a chicken breast and a bowl of rice. I only allow my self two caloric beverages a day of milk at breakfast and dinner.

*High Five*

Six meals that are broken down into smaller portions are far better than one giant meal. One giant meal takes your metabolism forever to digest and can result in the storeage of fat. Small meals allow your body to digest the food quickly on a needbe basis. Its like the idea of girls starving themselves and then going back to a normal diet, ballooning up even when they take in the same amount of calories they once did. Their body does not know when its next meal will be, so it goes into survival mode and stores energy rather than burning it.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 7 2005, 10:58 PM

The exercise will burn the fat off, not to mention build muscle... but it's not that hard to come down and get some water. :blink:

What you think I stayed up in an attic for 4 hours and dehydrated myself real bad? I didn't lose water (after I came down and put 3 cups away), I lost what fat I do have.

Burning fat and building muscle is extremely hard to do, unless you're new to exercising. They call these "newbie gains" and after about 6 months or so for the average person it becomes increasingly harder to gain muscle and lose fat. This is why you can see rapid changes in those who start to exercise and then they steadily seem to stagnant. Its why people who have been lifting for 15 years aren't all 400lbs and solid muscle.

Alright, I'm going to stop posting in this thread unless someone specifically asks for help or advice, because I've acquired so much knowledge in the five or six years that I've been working with weights and dieting that its just redundant for me to be making these posts for the millionith time which leads to sloppy posts.

To any of those interested in better yourself and your lifestyle.

Wannabebig.com

There's workout routines, diet articles, forums for both of these issues plus many more, online journals to help you track your progress and to motivate you, support from online people that are conquering the same tasks that you are.

Its a site that was composed mainly for bodybuilders but plenty of everyday people like myself that aren't huge monsters but just have athletic builds post there. There's a wealth of information and knowledge and it even has OLYMPIC ATHLETES AND SOME OF THE WORLD'S STRONGEST MEN POSTING ON THE BOARDS.

Back