HondaSwap weight loss challenge!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Keep at it.

What will make you lose weight isn't a diet fad or a certain routine. It's doing what you know is right and best for you, without too many exceptions. Leave yourself one day a week to eat what you want. It'll keep your head strong and your tummy happy.

You'd probably enjoy a punching bag. That shit is way harder work than people think. A heavy bag, some gloves, some decent music and 20 minutes is all it takes. No gym, no gay walks in the park, just a man doing what comes naturally.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 8 2005, 04:02 PM

You'd probably enjoy a punching bag. That shit is way harder work than people think. A heavy bag, some gloves, some decent music and 20 minutes is all it takes. No gym, no gay walks in the park, just a man doing what comes naturally.
[post=551637]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes! Not just me! I get to hit one like once a month, but I go for like 2 hours or so. There is no sweat line because everythign is drenched. Its amazing how tired your body will get from such a small movement.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Sep 11 2005, 03:58 AM-->
@Sep 8 2005, 04:02 PM

You'd probably enjoy a punching bag.  That shit is way harder work than people think.  A heavy bag, some gloves, some decent music and 20 minutes is all it takes.  No gym, no gay walks in the park, just a man doing what comes naturally.

Yes! Not just me! I get to hit one like once a month, but I go for like 2 hours or so. There is no sweat line because everythign is drenched. Its amazing how tired your body will get from such a small movement.
[post=552597]Quoted post[/post]​

word, i love my heavy bag. but i think i have a rage problem. ive broken the hook that goes into the ceiling twice. i just beat the shit out of it when im real pissed.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Sep 11 2005, 12:13 PM-->
Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Sep 11 2005, 03:58 AM
tab
@Sep 8 2005, 04:02 PM

You'd probably enjoy a punching bag.  That shit is way harder work than people think.  A heavy bag, some gloves, some decent music and 20 minutes is all it takes.  No gym, no gay walks in the park, just a man doing what comes naturally.

[post=552597]Quoted post[/post]​

word, i love my heavy bag. but i think i have a rage problem. ive broken the hook that goes into the ceiling twice. i just beat the shit out of it when im real pissed.
[post=552646]Quoted post[/post]​

I've really been wanting one... I got tons of frustration I need to get out. Problem is there was no place to hang it in my apartment, and I doubt my brothers going to let me drill holes into the roof of his garage. :(

they do make stands for them
depending on how much stability you will need they range from about $100 - $300+

Well, I'd need it to hang because if it's on a stand it's taking up floor space, and I'm already doing that enough with all my boxes of stuff.

Is it just me, or is everyone and their momma trying to lose weight. Hondaswap is a bunch of fatties.

Well, besides 2000si, you skinny bastard. :ph34r:

Originally posted by dveit@Sep 12 2005, 09:09 AM
Is it just me, or is everyone and their momma trying to lose weight. Hondaswap is a bunch of fatties.

[post=552964]Quoted post[/post]​

and darkhand.. 6'0" at 120?? That is bean-pole-stick-figure status.

We're all fucking fat. Our poor little hondas are having to drag around an extra 40 pounds of lard-ass everywhere we go.. poor cars. America is fat right now, I've seen more fat-ass 9 year olds in the last week than I saw the entire time I was growning up... Its a trend..

Originally posted by DarkHand+Sep 12 2005, 08:58 AM-->
6'0", 121lbs baby :)

We've got a workout room here at work though, and I'm building a hypertrophy specific routine for myself right now, actually.
[post=552948]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit, I outweigh someone on here! :D

dveit
@Sep 12 2005, 09:09 AM

[post=552964]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha Sad thing is I probably eat more than the "fatties." :ph34r:

I eat SO much all the time, and my metabolism goes at the speed of sound. I work out hard, and as heavy as possible. NO cardio, whatsoever, well except before work when I swim. But I do that to stay in shape. I can't stand getting in the pool and DYING after like a 500. I usually swim about 2 miles a week. I think I've added about 5 lbs in like 2 years. I'll eat like 7 or 8 pieces of pizza at a time, or a comparable amount, but my meals are usually healty. 4 or 5 full meals a day, extra protein.... I think I'm doomed to weighing 135 for the rest of my life. :sadday:

On a note, I got a punching bag for my roof (It had to be moved to my friend's garage) and I splintered my finger on it. Took me about 3 months to heal too.

Important note: Condition your fingers before taking on a punching bag !

-> Steve

I just wrap my wrists real real well. Otherwise you will break them.

Originally posted by Celerity+Sep 13 2005, 03:39 PM-->
On a note, I got a punching bag for my roof (It had to be moved to my friend's garage) and I splintered my finger on it. Took me about 3 months to heal too.

Important note: Condition your fingers before taking on a punching bag !

-> Steve
[post=553831]Quoted post[/post]​

yes

Slammed89Integra
@Sep 13 2005, 03:50 PM
I just wrap my wrists real real well. Otherwise you will break them.
[post=553843]Quoted post[/post]​

yes again. I did Karate for a few years and I'm sure Jeffie, Blanco, Calesta, and many other people can tell you that bags hurt your hands. For me, the calluses built up on my knuckles until they cracked. No big deal. However, when you punch a bag and it spins, it can tweak your wrist, or even better, rip the skin between the calluses that is still tender.

Easy solution, wear gloves that stiffen your wrists and protect your hands. You don't need them, but for a workout regimen, I would suggest them.

Also, I put a heavy bag on layaway at the Big 5 a few days ago(I'm broke and it's on sale). I am going to hang it in my new garage I built.

:eek:fftopic: I put in an I-beam hoist on a trolley. I'm gonna hang the bag from the hoist chain hook.

i left blood all over the heavy bag at college...
those things are a great way to get a work out and vent a little stress...

Back