**Hondata chips**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
im heard alot about the hondata program that people have and im hearing alot of good things about them . i made the mistake of buying a JUN chipped p13 for my H22 and the shit has like fuel maps for a god damn fighter jet. the thing makes my car run rich throughout all RPM ranges and its dumping so much fuel that when i rev it up im gettin backfire sputs and it sounds like a drag car running race fuel. so im either forced to get a VAFC ro find out somehow get someone or find someone that does hondata programing and have a chip programmed for my ECU. if theres anyone that can do this let me kno. thanx

hondata chips come from a dealer as a package with the software if you need a chip burned you need to list mods, engine ect

xtronics, is an xray machine, I see the indian chick squahing her tit in it, I need to do this also and I don't see the burner/programmer there.

thats the one I was looking at, super cheap. Defenitly a deal at 149 bucks.

Are there any other parts I need besides the chips to get it burning?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 23 2005, 08:53 AM
you can order teh EEPROMs from www.moates.net

get a pocket programmer from www.xtronics.net

and pick up uberdata from www.pgmfi.org
[post=449967]Quoted post[/post]​

yea man but once i get this stuff i have no clue what to do with it or how to run it. id rather pay someone a couple of bucks to program one for me and save the hastle of fucking up a chip and possibly fuckin up my ECU.

the only way to take advantage of your engine by using an after market chip, would be to have someone present to tune it. there's a million people that could make you a basemap and do things like adjust your rev limiter, remove speed limiter, give you shift light, launc control, vtec adjustment, etc., but the car isn't actually going to gain any performance, just cool features from the chip. the only way to actually get the most out of your motor, is to have it tuned with a wb02 and/or dyno. with that being said, i can burn you a chip if you want, pm me if you're interested, is your ecu socketed? ;)

Originally posted by projekteg@Jan 24 2005, 07:33 AM
the only way to take advantage of your engine by using an after market chip, would be to have someone present to tune it. there's a million people that could make you a basemap and do things like adjust your rev limiter, remove speed limiter, give you shift light, launc control, vtec adjustment, etc., but the car isn't actually going to gain any performance, just cool features from the chip. the only way to actually get the most out of your motor, is to have it tuned with a wb02 and/or dyno. with that being said, i can burn you a chip if you want, pm me if you're interested, is your ecu socketed? ;)
[post=450456]Quoted post[/post]​

well i bought the ECU off of some guy on EBAY already prechipped..think his ebay user id was JDMDOHCPOWER. the only reason i bought the ECU from this guy is because he had 100% positive feedback on almost 200 of his ECU's so i figured that the must have been properely programmed. i deffinaltey wanna take you up on that offer about the chip. my main concern is that its gonna cost me alot more to go back 2 stock because i dont have a knock sensor so im gonna have to get a knock, a stock p13, as well as a vafc. i kno that the only way im going to properely tune this car is if i do a wideband tune but nobody knows what the hell that is around here or for that fact how to even do it so im jsut gonna have to rely on someones good programming until i get the right one. im gonna take a look at the ecu today because i dont kno if it is socketed or not but im assuming that since it is chipped that it would be socketed correct?

yeah, if the ecu has a chip already, there's a 99% chance it's socketed, or the guy could have been a cheap bastard that did it and soldered the eeprom (chip) right in to save money on the zif socket that is usually used. is there a dyno any where near you? if you don't have anyone that knows how to tune the ecu, you can get the ecu chipped with all of the features you like, and then use an afc to fine tune the car, that is if noone around you knows how to tune using rom editing software. you won't/don't need a knock sensor if you get your ecu chipped, you can just disable that in the rom editor.

Originally posted by projekteg@Jan 25 2005, 08:25 AM
yeah, if the ecu has a chip already, there's a 99% chance it's socketed, or the guy could have been a cheap bastard that did it and soldered the eeprom (chip) right in to save money on the zif socket that is usually used. is there a dyno any where near you? if you don't have anyone that knows how to tune the ecu, you can get the ecu chipped with all of the features you like, and then use an afc to fine tune the car, that is if noone around you knows how to tune using rom editing software. you won't/don't need a knock sensor if you get your ecu chipped, you can just disable that in the rom editor.
[post=451030]Quoted post[/post]​

ok cool sounds good.. i jsut took a look at the ECU today and it is socketed so thats all good. i dropped you a pm with with the specs of the chip i have and all that so just get back to me when u can. there is actually a guy that just opened up around here with a dyno about a couple of months ago. hes actually one of the only guys around here with dyno. so if worse comes to worse then ill go to him to get the car properely tuned, but like i said before, ill deffiantely take you up on your offer about the chip. thanks again and keep me posted.

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jan 24 2005, 10:44 PM
well i bought the ECU off of some guy on EBAY already prechipped..think his ebay user id was JDMDOHCPOWER. the only reason i bought the ECU from this guy is because he had 100% positive feedback on almost 200 of his ECU's so i figured that the must have been properely programmed.
[post=450597]Quoted post[/post]​

:eek:
I was about to order a P13 JUN ECU from the same guy - JDMDOHCPOWER. What did stopped me from doing this were advices of some guys here at the forum. They proposed me to read some threads at the site about ECU problems. So I did. And the last drop was the quoted message above. Funny, it's exactly the same what I was intended to do and what I was warned about.
But still, I'd like to have my ECU chipped, not like this of course. An ideal way would be if there was a kind of T-bend in the ECU, and two chips (stock and tunned) were connected simultaneously, with a switcher to jump from one to another when you need it. <_<

Originally posted by Atrevido+Jan 27 2005, 09:09 AM-->
TeamUrbanChaos
@Jan 24 2005, 10:44 PM
well i bought the ECU off of some guy on EBAY already prechipped..think his ebay user id was JDMDOHCPOWER. the only reason i bought the ECU from this guy is because he had 100% positive feedback on almost 200 of his ECU's so i figured that the must have been properely programmed.

I was about to order a P13 JUN ECU from the same guy - JDMDOHCPOWER. What did stopped me from doing this were advices of some guys here at the forum. They proposed me to read some threads at the site about ECU problems. So I did. And the last drop was the quoted message above. Funny, it's exactly the same what I was intended to do and what I was warned about.
But still, I'd like to have my ECU chipped, not like this of course. An ideal way would be if there was a kind of T-bend in the ECU, and two chips (stock and tunned) were connected simultaneously, with a switcher to jump from one to another when you need it. <_<
[post=452033]Quoted post[/post]​

well apaprently he himself (jdmdohcpower) dosent chipped the ecus. when i e-mailed him about some problems i was having with the ECU, he told me that he gets them prechipped from japan and he dosent do anything to them,hes just a distributor. i mean dont get me wrong, the ecus are good..i opened it up and the souldering job was good and the ECU's are already socketed but if you in the market for an ecu then you could get his but you might wanna get another chip tho just cuz the program hes using is configuring way to much fuel.

Why did you choose JUN, not Skunk, Spoon or something else? I want to understand. I asked JDMDOHCPOWER about difference between JUN and Skunk, he said that JUN gives about 20% up and Skunk about 10-18% up. I doubt those figures. Maybe some other chips are better fuelwise? I mean, I'd like to find a chipped ECU that will not need additional tuning like on dyno or smth. To find a balance between fuel consumption, smooth engine work and performance.
Maybe Skunk? Probably my idea is not correct, meaning that you can not get perfect performance with little work.

Originally posted by Atrevido@Jan 28 2005, 12:47 PM
Why did you choose JUN, not Skunk, Spoon or something else? I want to understand. I asked JDMDOHCPOWER about difference between JUN and Skunk, he said that JUN gives about 20% up and Skunk about 10-18% up. I doubt those figures. Maybe some other chips are better fuelwise? I mean, I'd like to find a chipped ECU that will not need additional tuning like on dyno or smth. To find a balance between fuel consumption, smooth engine work and performance.
Maybe Skunk? Probably my idea is not correct, meaning that you can not get perfect performance with little work.

[post=452606]Quoted post[/post]​

my initial reason for buying the JUN p13 instead of the mugen or skunk 2 was because..according to his description of the ECU, it had a starting VTEC point of 4600 and a secondary VTEC engagement for the IAB's at 5800 and he also stated that the jun program is the best for race conditions and that the VTEC cracks REAL hard compared to the other chips (i.e-mugen, skunk 2).....after hearing that i figured that this would be what im looking for.

well come to find out the reason why the VTEC "supposedly" hits so hard is because theres is no 4600 vtec engagement, its skips right over that point and it just explodes at 5800 which is why it sounds loud when it hits and in reality its not all that loud at all and the reason why its programmed for " race conditions" is because the chip was programmed with outrageous fuel curves so your basically getting a rediculous amount of fuel at all times..which in turn is only hurting your car power-wise becuase the first 5000 rps, theres no torque but at 5800 when it really hit it feels like a fuckin freight train, and becuase theres so much fuel being forced into you engine at one time you gonna have a fucked up idle, like mine right now basically when i first turn the car on in the morning its starts fine and idles at 2000 for the warm like it normally should but like 5 seconds later its drops down to like 1200 and it sounds like a fuckin drag car with race fuel and it will give you some serious gas sputs when you step on the pedal at idle.

but like i said before, if your in the market for an ECU thats socketed already then get his cuz being that its already chipped, its already been socketed. if you decide to get one, when you get it, its not gonna have any ECU codes or anything written on it except for a sticker that says" warrenty void if sticker is removed"....which basically mean that if you open the ecu then you void his warrenty but who cares cuz the chip thats in there comes right out anyways...so fuck the sticker and when you get another chip just put it in and your all set to go. :D

You bought a ECU from that guy?

Wow, you're lucky it works. Did the ecu actually have the P13 original sticker on the side??

Oh, and Skunk2 and Mugen don't make programs for the P13....

Neither does Jun.

So, I'm still wondering here what you got. I'm thinking you got a P28 or a converted P06 with no IAB function.

Let us know.

This is what scares me about him....

6f_1.JPG

Wonder HOW he get's these with the length of wire it has....... :ph34r:

Sorry, last thought....

Anyone who programs or "chips" ecus, knows Mugen does NOT make a program for the Honda Civic DX engine..... LOL!!!!

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A FULLY PROGRAMED AND CHIPPED p06 MUGEN RACE ECU.(NOT JUST CHIPPED LIKE EVERONE ELSE!!) EVERY PERFORMANCE PART ON YOUR CAR WILL GAIN POWER FROM THIS ECU BECUASE IT WILL LEARN YOUR CAR AND DETERMINE HOW TO RUN IT BEST FOR MORE POWER!!!! THIS IS PERFECT FOR STREET / STRIP USE. THISECU IS DIRECT FIT FOR 92-95 HONDA/ACURA. (96+ will need OBD1 conversion harness $85, email me) .THIS ECU IS IDEAL FOR 92-95 CIVIC AND DEL SOL NON VTEC AUTO

This guy is the typical eBay seller. He'll tell you anything you want to hear just to make the sale.

Originally posted by Atrevido+Jan 27 2005, 07:09 AM-->
Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jan 24 2005, 10:44 PM

[post=452033]Quoted post[/post]​

well you don't need two chips just 1 chip it larger and has two adress lines instead of 1 so you just run a jumper or valet switch

AllMotorMonster
@Jan 30 2005, 09:12 AM
You bought a ECU from that guy?

Wow, you're lucky it works. Did the ecu actually have the P13 original sticker on the side??

Oh, and Skunk2 and Mugen don't make programs for the P13....

Neither does Jun.

So, I'm still wondering here what you got. I'm thinking you got a P28 or a converted P06 with no IAB function.

Let us know.

This is what scares me about him....

6f_1.JPG

Wonder HOW he get's these with the length of wire it has....... :ph34r:

Sorry, last thought....

Anyone who programs or "chips" ecus, knows Mugen does NOT make a program for the Honda Civic DX engine..... LOL!!!!

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A FULLY PROGRAMED AND CHIPPED  p06 MUGEN RACE ECU.(NOT JUST CHIPPED LIKE EVERONE ELSE!!) EVERY PERFORMANCE PART ON YOUR CAR WILL GAIN POWER FROM THIS ECU BECUASE IT WILL LEARN YOUR CAR AND DETERMINE HOW TO RUN IT BEST FOR MORE POWER!!!! THIS IS PERFECT FOR STREET / STRIP USE. THISECU IS DIRECT FIT FOR 92-95 HONDA/ACURA. (96+ will need OBD1 conversion harness $85, email me) .THIS ECU IS IDEAL FOR 92-95 CIVIC AND DEL SOL NON VTEC AUTO

This guy is the typical eBay seller. He'll tell you anything you want to hear just to make the sale.
[post=453375]Quoted post[/post]​

what so weird about that wireing?

Back