**Hondata chips**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Most junkyards wont let you cut the ecu ends off the harness....

Mainly because they can sell the whole interior harness for LOOT!!!!!

So, it seems odd that his harness is made from OEM ecu wiring, when most people that make harness' use NEW wire and NEW parts.

Call me crazy, but it looks shady.

yea those are the first conversion harnesses ive seen that use factory colored wiring.

he get them shipped from some country? ive seen them up here all the time, if you need a bunch of obd0 stuff let me know im going to a local yard today and i get the parts for about 1$

Thanks, but I don't need any OBD anything parts. I got out of the harness making business when eBay started selling them for $90 shipped. Wasn't worth my time to make the harness anymore.

The guy selling his stuff on eBay (jdmblahblah) is still lying about what he has. Talks about his ecu's are "Programmed" instead of "chipped" like everyone else... and how the ECU will "learn" all the mods you install on your engine....

HAHAHAHA What a salesman!!! Are people really that stupid and ignorant??? I know, along with other ECU hackers, that he's full of shit!

It's just funny.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Jan 30 2005, 11:12 AM
You bought a ECU from that guy?

Wow, you're lucky it works. Did the ecu actually have the P13 original sticker on the side??

Oh, and Skunk2 and Mugen don't make programs for the P13....

Neither does Jun.

So, I'm still wondering here what you got. I'm thinking you got a P28 or a converted P06 with no IAB function.

Let us know.

This is what scares me about him....

6f_1.JPG

Wonder HOW he get's these with the length of wire it has....... :ph34r:

Sorry, last thought....

Anyone who programs or "chips" ecus, knows Mugen does NOT make a program for the Honda Civic DX engine..... LOL!!!!

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A FULLY PROGRAMED AND CHIPPED  p06 MUGEN RACE ECU.(NOT JUST CHIPPED LIKE EVERONE ELSE!!) EVERY PERFORMANCE PART ON YOUR CAR WILL GAIN POWER FROM THIS ECU BECUASE IT WILL LEARN YOUR CAR AND DETERMINE HOW TO RUN IT BEST FOR MORE POWER!!!! THIS IS PERFECT FOR STREET / STRIP USE. THISECU IS DIRECT FIT FOR 92-95 HONDA/ACURA. (96+ will need OBD1 conversion harness $85, email me) .THIS ECU IS IDEAL FOR 92-95 CIVIC AND DEL SOL NON VTEC AUTO

This guy is the typical eBay seller. He'll tell you anything you want to hear just to make the sale.
[post=453375]Quoted post[/post]​

well theres no stickers on the ECU what so ever. it was written on there as jun P13 so i have no way of telling what it is. and you probably right cuz there is no iab function cuz i dont feel it at all!! lets jsut say this isnt a p13 what might it be and if i change the chip how will that effect the ecu itself.

also he claims to get these things such as the OBD2-to-OBD1 harness and these ECU from some guy in japan so i dont kno what up with this guy

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jan 31 2005, 01:18 AM
My local junk yards let me take whatever wiring I want. They are most interested in the scrape metal than the pieces inside.
[post=453676]Quoted post[/post]​

ok..what does that have to do with anything?

I was responding to AllMotorMonster comment. It was worried about the guy's creditablity since they conversion harness had long factory wire on them.

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jan 31 2005, 01:04 AM
well theres no stickers on the ECU what so ever. it was written on there as jun P13 so i have no way of telling what it is. and you probably right cuz there is no iab function cuz i dont feel it at all!! lets jsut say this isnt a p13 what might it be and if i change the chip how will that effect the ecu itself.

also he claims to get these things such as the OBD2-to-OBD1 harness and these ECU from some guy in japan so i dont kno what up with this guy
[post=453673]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sorry to hear you got jipped for $220 or whatever it is you paid for it....

Sounds to me he's doing the P05/06 - P28 conversion but doesn't know how to do the IAB mod yet.

Sucks that people lie and cheat to get your money.

Do you have access to a digital camera? If so, snap a shot inside the ECU, I'll bet it's a DX or CX.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jan 31 2005, 09:47 AM
I was responding to AllMotorMonster comment. It was worried about the guy's creditablity since they conversion harness had long factory wire on them.
[post=453752]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, don't worry about me... I know this guy is a Liar by what he listed as "will learn your mods" bullshit.

His creditablity means about poop with me, hopefully the rest of you guys will learn from this (not that ebay is bad, but to ask questions before buying).

:D

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Jan 31 2005, 07:36 PM-->
TeamUrbanChaos
@Jan 31 2005, 01:04 AM

[post=453673]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sorry to hear you got jipped for $220 or whatever it is you paid for it....

Sounds to me he's doing the P05/06 - P28 conversion but doesn't know how to do the IAB mod yet.

Sucks that people lie and cheat to get your money.

Do you have access to a digital camera? If so, snap a shot inside the ECU, I'll bet it's a DX or CX.
[post=454122]Quoted post[/post]​

yea man i mean the ECU still works and it still hits VTEC just not as hard as it probably should. but lets just say for arguments sake that this isnt a p13 ecu,that he gave me what u say might be (p06,p28 or p72) is this gonna effect the performance of my car? i mean am i better off just gettin another ECU if that is the case?or can i make this one work? i was originally just gonna get a VAFC and just hope that i will be able to tune it down some and make it work for my bennifit but still use this ECU as well

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE ECU..AS U CAN SEE THERE ARE NO LABELS ON THE ECU AT ALL EXCEPT THE " JUN P13" WRITTEN ON THERE.
gallery_31683_265_1107237195.jpg

that IS a p05 or a p06 converted to a p28, i can't tell which one for sure, i'd need a close up of q30, and the iab conversion has NOT been done either :( so basically you have a p28 and unfortunately you paid 100 dollars more than what you should have for it. no, it's not going to affect the 'performance' so to speak other than the fact that you're iab's aren't opening, but that chip will run your car just the same in that ecu as it would in a p13 or p72, just without the iab's :(

Originally posted by projekteg@Feb 1 2005, 02:09 PM
that IS a p05 or a p06 converted to a p28, i can't tell which one for sure, i'd need a close up of q30, and the iab conversion has NOT been done either :( so basically you have a p28 and unfortunately you paid 100 dollars more than what you should have for it. no, it's not going to affect the 'performance' so to speak other than the fact that you're iab's aren't opening, but that chip will run your car just the same in that ecu as it would in a p13 or p72, just without the iab's :(
[post=454571]Quoted post[/post]​

Projekteg is right, sorry to say TeamUrbanChaos, but you got ripped for more than you should have paid.

I see P28's for $150-160 chipped from people on ebay all the time (guessing conversions because real P28's go for $130-150 VIRGIN). Feedback doesn't mean shit unless you are sure all they do is program ECU's.

Ask questions... converted? real? manual? auto? Who does the work? do you warranty it? do you offer hondata/uberdata/datalogging option plug?

so on and so on and so on.......

You get my drift.

Be an informed buyer, not an ignorant ricer

(Ignorant - Defined as: Unaware or uninformed)

Originally posted by projekteg@Feb 1 2005, 02:09 PM
[post=454571]Quoted post[/post]​

well this really fuckin sucks.... well is this effecting my cars performance?? i mean i deffaintely noticed that the VTEC dosent hit as ahrd as my friends H22 but i mean it still hits? will getting a properely tuned chip even make a difference or am i jsut gonna have to go out and get an real p13 or p28 ecu? is it possilbe to make this ECU run like a champ with the porper programming and is there a way to program the VTEC to hit alot harder then normal through the ECU??

Its been a long post and you look like your lost, so I will recap for you.

- You got hosed with your ecu

- Yes the chip is TRASHING you're cars performance

- Yes getting a chip designed for your car will make all the difference in
the world

- Yes you can get your ecu rechipped

- You don't want vtec to "hit hard." That hard hit you are describing is the
transion to a more aggress cam profile. The harder it hits the less effect
it is and the less power you make. You want to tune vtec so its a smooth
transion. The only hit you should feel is when you mat the gas peddle as
you head smacks the back of the seat.

lol... :D ok cool....so basically i can still use this ecu but it needs to get a chip thats programmed correctly?

Back