**Hondata chips**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well the chip in my ECU is socketed..thats a fact cuz i opened it and saw it myself...luckly the guy who sold it to me wasnt that much of a dick. <_<

Alright then you are good you just need to send of you ECU to that guy and he can chip and if I remember you need IAB controll added too.

......oh wait..projecteg is the one whos doing the chipping??...i didnt realize it was him..lol :D hes already making me a chip...also right now my IAB are always open am i loosing HP without then being hooked up?

lol, thanks for the plugs xspeed :D and yeah, the fact that vtec isn't engaging as hard as say your friends ecu, is totally b/c of the fuel and ign. maps on the chip, not the ecu. an ecu either activates vtec, or it doesn't, so you're straight there. teh only difference you'll notice with that ecu between a chipped p13 is that your iab's aren't opening. iab's can actually be added to that ecu also though, but it requires adding hardware to the ecu, not just programming the chip. so you're by no means fucked in any way, just kind of paid too much for what you got :( with the iab's being open all the time, you're really just losing a little on bottom end, but top end performance isn't being affected b/c that's when they should be open anyways.

well am i going to loose a significant amount of lower end HP and/or torque because the iab are not hooked up? cuz my goal is to try to milk the most HP out of this motor as possible.

it won't affect it at all on the top end b/c they'd be open anyways, yes, you'll lose some torque on the bottom end, it's your call. i suggest getting an aftermarket manifold, i hate those damn iab's <_<

Originally posted by projekteg@Jan 24 2005, 07:33 AM
the only way to take advantage of your engine by using an after market chip, would be to have someone present to tune it. there's a million people that could make you a basemap and do things like adjust your rev limiter, remove speed limiter, give you shift light, launc control, vtec adjustment, etc., but the car isn't actually going to gain any performance, just cool features from the chip. the only way to actually get the most out of your motor, is to have it tuned with a wb02 and/or dyno. with that being said, i can burn you a chip if you want, pm me if you're interested, is your ecu socketed? ;)
[post=450456]Quoted post[/post]​

i mean to ask you what you meant by the launch controll. how does the feature work?? and how do u add a shift light?

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Feb 9 2005, 02:05 AM
i mean to ask you what you meant by the launch controll. how does the feature work?? and how do u add a shift light?
[post=458446]Quoted post[/post]​

the shift light uses your check engine light to come on at the set rpm, just like a shift light. the launch control is just a 2 step rev limiter basically. if you're moving less than the speed you set, you have a low rev limiter (where ever you set it at) so you can just hold the gas to the floor when you're about to launch and you won't spin like crazy.

is it something that most people usually get when they get a chip burned? is it an advantage or is it just really another cool feature??

is it safe to continue to drive the car with this chipped ECU?? cuz friend are telling me that its not really safe to run the car with this chipped running such rich fuel maps, and also, the car reaks of fuel all the time which cant possibly be good.

Your friend is paranoid. The worst thing you could do by running to is foul your spark plugs early, and as side effect of the chip your gas mileage will go down.

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Feb 14 2005, 04:15 PM
is it safe to continue to drive the car with this chipped ECU?? cuz friend are telling me that its not really safe to run the car with this chipped running such rich fuel maps, and also, the car reaks of fuel all the time which cant possibly be good.
[post=460795]Quoted post[/post]​

i've NEVER seen one of my basemaps (with no tuning) run richer than high 11's in upper rpms. some tend to run a little rich at idle, but i've mostly noticed that on non vtec b18's for some reason, but not rich enough to foul your plugs or stink the car up. if you don't plan on getting it tuned, i don't suggest chipping it anyways, there's no point to it unless you just want the launch control and all that crap, but the whole point is to be able to tune your car and get the most power out of your set up.

Originally posted by projekteg+Feb 15 2005, 06:54 AM-->
TeamUrbanChaos
@Feb 14 2005, 04:15 PM
[post=460795]Quoted post[/post]​

i've NEVER seen one of my basemaps (with no tuning) run richer than high 11's in upper rpms. some tend to run a little rich at idle, but i've mostly noticed that on non vtec b18's for some reason, but not rich enough to foul your plugs or stink the car up. if you don't plan on getting it tuned, i don't suggest chipping it anyways, there's no point to it unless you just want the launch control and all that crap, but the whole point is to be able to tune your car and get the most power out of your set up.
[post=461021]Quoted post[/post]​

well yea thats what i want to do...my main goal hers is to try to extract as much HP and TORQUE out of my motor as possible through proper tuning of my ecu without some type of forced induction or funny gas. i also needed to get a chipped ecu becuase chipped ECU's dont look for all sensors and like i had said before im missing my knock sensor. the launch control and rev limiter and all that other shit is not really important, im just tryn to achieve my goal of around 200 wheel HP through simple mods and proper tuning and i think the ECU plays a BIG role in making that happen.

Back