1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hondata constant tuning???

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by imprt92, Aug 23, 2004.

1. imprt92

imprt92 Member

i was talking to a friend of mine and he said if you use hondata you have to tune it all the time. tune it for different temps outside and for elevation, that sort of thing another told me just have it set on a dyno and you are good to go! so which is it? if i use it will i need to tune it all the time??? thanks

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

No, you just run it on the dyno and forget it. It's the same with any other tuning method. If you want to tune it for different elevations or other conditions, you can. You can't with the stock ECU setup.

3. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

wrong. USDM ECUs have a barometric pressure sensor to compensate for altitude and weather changes. Retuning the car for altitude is a fine tuning thing - unless you've tuned the car so close to the edge that sneezing at it will make it ping, there will be plenty of room for changes in atmospheric pressure without incident.

4. imprt92

imprt92 Member

so are you saying that it will or wont need to be re tuned in summer and winter?
    i really want to learn about this before i buy it!

5. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

depends on how it is tuned. read what I wrote again.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted