Hondata Im Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dvs_prelude

Sup everyone,
The other day, I picked up a hondata IM gasket for $30 bucks :D . I was just wondering if it's really worth 5whp like I've been hearing, and if so, can anyone show proof? I'd like to know before I take the time to install it.
thanks
:worthy:

where did you get it for 30 bucks i have an intake manifold that i am going to be putting on and will just use stock gasket if i cant get it cheap like that i think on hondata.com its 60 or something like that

$30 is nice, pick it up, they're reusable :)
i paid 60 for mine, because i did a mani swap and needed a new gasket anyways. i can say, my intake mani is sooooo much cooler now, with the motor totally warmed up, you can still hold your hand on it, its kinda luke warm after the car has been running for hours. make sure you bypass your TB coolant line also, dont want hot coolant heating up the manifold again, hehe.

Originally posted by B16@Mar 25 2003, 02:31 PM
make sure you bypass your TB coolant line also, dont want hot coolant heating up the manifold again, hehe.

Bypass it how?

Originally posted by TypeRcivic+Mar 25 2003, 12:30 PM-->
@Mar 25 2003, 02:31 PM
make sure you bypass your TB coolant line also, dont want hot coolant heating up the manifold again, hehe.

Bypass it how?

there is a coolant line that runs through the bottom of the TB and goes into the IACV. what you can do is get a new hose and run it from its source straight to the IACV, without going through the TB.

What does bypassing your tb do for you? I.E Proformance Wise

Originally posted by B16@Mar 25 2003, 02:31 PM

That coolant line had me going nuts this weekend when I installed my Erick's Racing TB :blink: ... It doesn't come with a spot to connect the line, so I just went to Home Depot and got a brass fitting to connect the two hoses that run through the stock TB.

What's the purpose of running coolant through the TB anyway?

I could be wrong but I think it's because the TB produces a vaccum that helps pull/push the coolant. :unsure:

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 26 2003, 01:22 PM
I could be wrong but I think it's because the TB produces a vaccum that helps pull/push the coolant. :unsure:

hehe, you are wrong, its to warm up the car quicker when doing cold starts.

and to keep the air better in cold weather.

if you live in cali, go for it.
if you live in the north, i'd sugest you leave it on, or at least put it on come fall

ive got one and id definately recomend them. before i installed it you couldnt even put your hand on the intake manifold cause it was so hot. now its cool as and i have done the coolant bypass aswell. i dont know about feeling power difference but temperature difference was amazing. there are detailed instructions on how to install them and do the coolant bypass mod on www.hondata.com B)

Don't bypass the throttle body. That's your fast idle. If it is not in play or goes out your car will start surging horribly. My unlucky friend who wrenches with me had his go out just as he was downshifting to a four way stop. The car surged right as he let out the clutch, which thrust him into the intersection where he recieved 3000 in damage from a truck. :unsure:

Originally posted by cws13@Apr 10 2003, 10:30 PM
Don't bypass the throttle body. That's your fast idle. If it is not in play or goes out your car will start surging horribly. My unlucky friend who wrenches with me had his go out just as he was downshifting to a four way stop. The car surged right as he let out the clutch, which thrust him into the intersection where he recieved 3000 in damage from a truck. :unsure:

Are you sure that will make a car surge? If that were the case, why don't aftermarket TB's such as Erick's have coolent lines running through them?

Originally posted by cws13@Apr 10 2003, 07:30 PM

bypassing your throttle body does not bypass the fast idle... a coolant line still goes into the IAC, just doesn't warm up your throttle body, which the only negitave effect it could have is taking longer for your car to warm up.

ok.
you're both right
there are wax type fast idle valves on obd1 vehicles and bypassing that will make you lost the fast idle.

obd 2 usually use electronically controlled iac valve fast idel.

Originally posted by dvs_prelude@Apr 11 2003, 10:16 AM
Are you sure that will make a car surge? If that were the case, why don't aftermarket TB's such as Erick's have coolent lines running through them?

that's a good point. what do you do with the Erick's racing TB and similar ones like it that bypass those lines?

Back