Hondata OR Crome

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tloc

I was wondering whether hondata or crome or any other ecu modifier would be better for a boosted b16. I know that both would have their advantages but i was wondering what those advantages are and what your suggestions are:?

Whatever your tuner is most comfortable with. If you are going to tune it, buy a Hondata S300 and save yourself the headaches of figuring out chips, ROM emulators, and datalogging cables.

i wouldnt get either of those get a stand alone not some computer that piggy backs to a stock computer that you have to burn chips for

^Are you for real? Chipping and tuning with Crome is like a standalone. You have control of EVERYTHING. Cold start cycle, weather change fuel multipliers, you cant ask for much more.

^Are you for real? Chipping and tuning with Crome is like a standalone. You have control of EVERYTHING. Cold start cycle, weather change fuel multipliers, you cant ask for much more.
how about control boost, traction control, boost by gears, datalog hours of info and loop itself to the begining ,anti-lag and crome is not a standalone its a program designed to work with a ("FACTORY ECU") so how is that considered like a standalone? factory ecu's have boundries that are already in the program, standalones you make your own boundries it does what you tell it too.

So does Crome. It may not have all those fancy features but there's nothing about the running aspect you can't control. I have yet to see boundaries :)

I agree crome is a piggyback cause it goes in your factory ecu, but crome is a nice program. But there is no better program to me than aem, it has features that most programs don't, but it is also to me for a race car. But ame is complete and that is why it cost so much but I will say crome pro is great for people who don't have much money or your average set up. In our race cars we have aem, microtech, and haltech programs. But I have seen some cars with crome pro and hondata and they work very will especially for the price. But thats my opinion not any facts

So does Crome. It may not have all those fancy features but there's nothing about the running aspect you can't control. I have yet to see boundaries :)
fancy options? to each their own you get what you pay for i'll take the pepsi challenge any day over a piggybacked modified stock ecu

I agree crome is a piggyback cause it goes in your factory ecu, but crome is a nice program. But there is no better program to me than aem, it has features that most programs don't, but it is also to me for a race car. But ame is complete and that is why it cost so much but I will say crome pro is great for people who don't have much money or your average set up. In our race cars we have aem, microtech, and haltech programs. But I have seen some cars with crome pro and hondata and they work very will especially for the price. But thats my opinion not any facts
all my cars run on aem i wouldnt run anything else ive done the honcrapa and other piggybacks but once you go aem your hooked

i got my ems for 1100 with a wideband brand new in the box if you take their 2 day class the give a discount on the unit itself

thx for all the feedback but i didnt mention that i still want the car to be somewhat of a daily driver car.. by this i mean i dont want to run too fast i was looking to have about 300hp... the max boost i would probably boost would be 20 psi.. and like i said that is MAX.. Im looking for something that would make my car reliable but at the same time not cost too much.... But im not trying to build a all out race car just modrate. Thats why i wasnt really considering AEM.. i already knew that it had a good system but i figured it be more for race type cars not exactly for my purposes.

I just want to know how Crome is a piggyback. When you jumper the ECU it makes it read the Rom you install. How is that a piggyback? I'm confused.......

Back