HONDATA or DFI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9r

this winter my engine is going to get torn down and bored to 85 mm. it will be roughly 13.6:1 compression and run on 110 octane. currently i have a custom ericks racing ecu that cost about $1400 ( Ericks old ecu before he went to hondata). i was wondering if i were to use hondata or DFI, would i have to get rid of the ericks ecu? i really want to keep it cause it was mad $$ and would be tough to find a buyer for it. just looking for a little advice on what i should do so i can get max power out of the engine tuning wise.
please help

you got mad fucked. $1400 for Jesus fucking Christ's ECU is highway robbery.

Both hondata and a DFI will make you get rid of the expensive paperweight.

Don't waste your $$$ on a DFI - its poor in comparison to the hondata in many technical ways, such as the method used for interpolation of data points not explicitly mapped.

Originally posted by radnulb@Nov 26 2003, 06:41 PM
you got mad fucked. $1400 for Jesus Christ's ECU is highway robbery.

:lol: i didnt buy it, he owed me a favor cause he lost my ecu. thats how much he said he would sell it for, but he gave it to me to make good on the deal. is there any type of hondata that is a seperate unit and you can still use your ecu? i thought there was. anyone?

I'll be more clear - you need to get rid of the chip in that ECU. The ECU itself will need to be used with a different chip, one from hondata.

Back