Hondata or No Hondata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

I plan on running some bolt ons and internals. I/H/E, Camshafts,retainers, springs, and some port work. Would it be worth it to get hondata?

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Nov 18 2004, 01:52 PM
I plan on running some bolt ons and internals. I/H/E, Camshafts,retainers, springs, and some port work. Would it be worth it to get hondata?
[post=418786]Quoted post[/post]​

:fosho3:

There are plenty of ways to tune your car out there. And plenty of reputable companies to offer it. I prefer hondata but check into uberdata... it does the same thing and it is cheaper. ALso look into the aem unit.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Nov 19 2004, 02:49 PM
There are plenty of ways to tune your car out there. And plenty of reputable companies to offer it. I prefer hondata but check into uberdata... it does the same thing and it is cheaper. ALso look into the aem unit.
[post=419252]Quoted post[/post]​

i think you meant to say 'free' ;)

Originally posted by projekteg+Nov 19 2004, 12:25 PM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@Nov 19 2004, 02:49 PM

[post=419284]Quoted post[/post]​

No because you have to buy chips and a rom burner or whatever its called.

Originally posted by integraslut78+Nov 23 2004, 03:02 PM-->
Originally posted by projekteg@Nov 19 2004, 12:25 PM
FearDaGreenCivic

[post=421153]Quoted post[/post]​

"integraslut78" Your a fucking idiot and don't have a clue what your talking about. You have to buy chips and a ROM burner for Hondata also. Do you think when you fork over the cash for Hondata your actually getting something? Your paying for software, that's all Hondata is, you still have to pay to get your ECU socketed, tuning, chips, burners, etc... The Uberdata software is free, just like projekteg said. So a full blown Hondata system is over $1,000 or you can have Uberdata for free, pretty easy decision if you ask me.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Nov 23 2004, 04:38 PM-->
Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 23 2004, 03:02 PM
FearDaGreenCivic

"integraslut78" Your a fucking idiot and don't have a clue what your talking about. You have to buy chips and a ROM burner for Hondata also. Do you think when you fork over the cash for Hondata your actually getting something? Your paying for software, that's all Hondata is, you still have to pay to get your ECU socketed, tuning, chips, burners, etc... The Uberdata software is free, just like projekteg said. So a full blown Hondata system is over $1,000 or you can have Uberdata for free, pretty easy decision if you ask me.
[post=421174]Quoted post[/post]​

bbka you must be uberdatas unofficial rep ! do you get payed !

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Nov 23 2004, 04:38 PM

There is no need for personal attacks, you can simply state that his opinion is incorrect or you dissagree with him/her and it seems he is trying to learn and does at least have half of the facts straight. personal attacks aren't really going to teach anything now are they.

And to clarify, the difference between uberdata or Hondata.
Uberdata is opensource software (free)
Hondata is closed source software (you gotta pay for it)

Uberdata you're on your own
Hondata gives you technical support if need be.

Both systems need some external components to be added to the ECU
Tuning and/or dyno time.

Uberdata can be less expensive than using Hondata in the long run.

As I've said the Only part that is essentially free in the uberdata software.

Sorry I come across as a dick, but he just won't listen, or doesn't want to listen, shit happens though...

Uberdata has a whole forum dedicated to helping people and the Hondata support sucks ass, go do a few searches on honda-tech if you don't believe me, but let's say you have to have something done on your car? If you have hondata you will have to pay for that too. I'm sure any Uberdata user is more than willing to help another noob out if he really wants to learn, so your not completely on your own. Oh and your right the only part of uberdata that is free is the software, but that's is all hondata is... expensive software.

"b204dr"

Nope, but if I did get paid I would be making bank lol, especially if I charged people to use my tuned uberdata maps, so many people are running it and I am glad I can help them out. I love cars and I love helping people learn. Honestly I could really care less what you decide to do when it comes to your car, I just think it's only fair you know exactly what your getting. Before I stumbled across homemadeturbo.com I was planning on buying a turbo kit, that would have cost me at least $2500 or more, well I ended up piecing together a turbo kit and spent $1100. I bought a used Hondata 2b, before I actually knew what I was getting. When it arived I started doing more research and realized Uberdata is the same fucking thing, so why the fuck would I pay X amount of money for Hondata when I could have Uberdata for free? I am so glad I ran across homemadeturbo and had a buddy that knew about uberdata, the money that would have went to hondata and a pre-fab turbo kit went to an ACT xtss clutch, 3 inch exhaust, and a Quiafe LSD.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Nov 23 2004, 03:38 PM-->
Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 23 2004, 03:02 PM
FearDaGreenCivic

Seriously bro. Lighten the fuck up. I have talked with many tuners and they all told me that uberdata sucks compared to AEM, fast, and even hondata. (gasp! not uberdata!) Don't believe me? Call Modacar and ask for Casey. Oh that's not good enough? Call Twincam motorsports and ask for ED. Still not convinced? Try Motorsport techniques and talk to Jack. They will all tell you the same thing. Uberdata is not all it's cracked up to be.

Now, I'm not a tuner, nor do I claim to be. In fact, I know VERY little about ECUs. What I do know is that it's getting a little fucking old having to watch you jump into everyone's thread and rave about uberdata and bash everything else. No one fucking cares. Granted you are a smart guy and probablly know 3 times as much as me about ECUs but jezus man, take it down a notch would you?

And BTW - 200 wheel horsepower on a boosted single cam isn't shit. So shut the fuck up about your car already. Again, no one gives a shit. Thanx, I'm done.

Okay "sohcslammer" your a fucking idiot too. This guy wanted to know what he should go with, uberdata or hondata, I stated why he should go with uberdata. Oh and read through every single one of my posts, if you find one post where I say Hondata, FAST, Motec, AEM EMS, etc... sucks? I will give you a million dollars. Those are all killer engine management systems and I am not arguing that and I have never talked shit about Hondata except for it being way overpriced. I am simply stating the facts about Uberdata/Hondata, which has everything to do with this thread. The comment about my car? 230whp (12psi) aint too bad for a stock d16z6 and my track times aren't too bad either (13.3 @ 10psi) for a full interior coupe. I could make more on the dyno, but I am more into lowering my track times, easy high 12's next time I am at the strip, not bad for an $1100 turbo kit and free engine management. ;)

Actually, it's not bad at all. It's just not that great. At least not great enough that we have to hear about it every thread. I'm not trying to start shit but your attitude is getting old. Anyone who doesn't use uberdata is an uberidiot in your opinion. Well sweet. Keep your opinions to yourself. I was just trying to stick up for my buddy who doesn't know a hell of alot about ECUs. You do. Awesome. Try teaching people less knowledgeable than you, instead of being so quick to flame them. I'm done.

Back