hondata question for hondata people

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so i have 3 diffrent cars with swaps

one is an 86 crx with DOHC 87 teg swap, and its going to be boosted

i have a 91 hatch back that getting mini-me, and boost down the road

and i also have a 95 integra with h22 swap, and that also will prob get boost later on

so my question is... can i get one laptop and seperate hondata programs to run them all?

i would like to be able to move the laptop from one car to the other etc etc...
so how much would i have to spend on hondata programming for all three cars? probably over 1000 right?

and how exactly does hondata work?
is it a piggy back kind of system?
or does the laptop take the place of the ecu?
not too knowledgeable regarding hondata so if anyone could give me some pointers i would appreciate it

i don;t NEED hondata for any of them, but it would be nice to have a laptop with data tracking and the rest of the hondata perks

also, are there any other companies that make mamangment systems that might be cheaper than hondata? since i am trying to do three cars... limited funds

thanks a lot guys

the laptop is just the tuning software. you can tune 231231233123 of cars with 1 laptop.

once your tuned, you burn the rom chip, and remove the laptop from the car (unless you are doing datalogging).

stock ECU is socketed for programable rom chip.
wire conencts ecu to ecxternal interface box
box connects to laptop, and will write to eeprom

you're going to be in a world of pain for the 1G trying to run a hondata.
you're going to have to convert to OBD1 for the mini-me in hatch to run current products.

Back