Hondata Req'd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian11to1

Some may know, I am building an all motor LS. Which consists of 11:1 compresion via PR3 pistons, new rings, bearings, gaskets... OEM 3 layer headgasket, hondata intake manifold gasket, 62403 cams, skunk2 intake mani, JDM ITR header...

I was told by a friend of G2IC that I would need to run at least Hondata S100... because of the jump in compression. Is this true... Please help... I may end up ordering it tomorrow, but want to make sure there arent cheaper routes to take. Not that I want to cheap out and cut corners, but if there is a way to spend less and get the same results, I woud like to know what it was.

well there is always uberdata

but yeah, you're going to def. need someway to tune the motor after the build- what injectors are you going to run?

A VAFC will not have the same tunability, but will save you some cash on the tuning and if you buy a used one, id go with hondata though

Hondata is not the only solution.... you can have someone socket and program a chip for your ECU for a lot less.

I'd go Hondata, but your stock ECU will run the engine with that setup. It won't be the best, but it will work.

Originally posted by ludegirl@Sep 7 2004, 11:42 PM
A VAFC will not have the same tunability, but will save you some cash on the tuning and if you buy a used one, id go with hondata though
[post=387318]Quoted post[/post]​

he mght as well not waste his time getting a vafc beause hes building an ls so there would be no need for the vtec feature. An sacf would work fine for that build

So the options are:

VAFC - no vtec, no need
SAFC...
Uberdata - what is there site, I searched but nothing came up
Hondata - duh
Get my ECU chipped... by who?

Injectors, more than likely OEM 240's, but I may step it up to 320 92-95 OBD-1 Prelude VTEC injectors. Would I have to wire the car to run OBD or how could I go about doing this.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 8 2004, 06:42 AM
I'd go Hondata, but your stock ECU will run the engine with that setup. It won't be the best, but it will work.
[post=387371]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not trying to be a dick here so let's keep this conversation nice. Please explain to why you would even think about going with hondata? I see absolutely no reason for anybody to ever buy hondata unless your k-series. You have all the basic options you need with uberdata and you will get the same results with either system you go with. They are both nothing more than software that allows you to change your fuel, ignition, vtec, rev limits, etc... The only major difference between them is one costs a $1,000 and the other is free.

I assume Hondata is the one which you say costs $1000... and Uberdata is free...

In all reality Hondata S100 is only $245.. plus the shipping of my ECU there and back...

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 8 2004, 01:12 PM
I assume Hondata is the one which you say costs $1000... and Uberdata is free...

In all reality Hondata S100 is only $245.. plus the shipping of my ECU there and back...
[post=387511]Quoted post[/post]​

Your right. For the base s100 system it's $245. You can't do anything with that. You have to pay somebody else to tune it and make changes. Think about it for a second. Your paying $245, plus I am assuming you will be paying them to socket your ECU ($60-$80 maybe?). In reality all those parts cost $25 at most and you could get the same results with uberdata. The money you spent to get hondata can go towards tuning.

If you want to tune hondata yourself and not have to rely on somebody else it's more than $1,000 for the full hondata s200 system w/all options.

Originally posted by Blanco+Sep 8 2004, 12:29 PM-->
If you want to run Hondata or Uberdata, you'll have to convert to OBD1. I believe you find Uberdata at pgmfi.org
[post=387488]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont wanna...

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 8 2004, 12:35 PM
brian11to1
@Sep 8 2004, 01:17 PM
So the options are:

Get my ECU chipped... by who?
[post=387476]Quoted post[/post]​

By nfn15037!
[post=387492]Quoted post[/post]​

Ill PM him...

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Sep 8 2004, 01:51 PM-->
you dont want to covert to obd1? well youre gonna have to, unless you already are.
[post=387529]Quoted post[/post]​

Wellc rappers

beerbongskickass
@Sep 8 2004, 01:59 PM
I just noticed your signature, are you obd0? I was just assuming you were obd1. Look into turboedit if your obd0.
[post=387533]Quoted post[/post]​

But im all motor, wouldnt turboedit be for turbo cars?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 8 2004, 02:01 PM
But im all motor, wouldnt turboedit be for turbo cars?

You can use it for all motor cars also. The only reason people use uberdata/turboedit more on forced induction vehicles is because you need it. Most N/A cars with your basic bolt ons don't have the need for a chipped ECU or stand alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back