Hondata S300 Dual Stage Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

anyone ever set up a dual stage boost controller thru hondata outputs? or would it easier to run a greddy controller? i just want something where i have 7psi when i launch and thru second the my 14psi when i shift to 3rd. any ideas? i had thought of maybe running the manual dual stage with a switch, but having the switch activate thru hondata so i dont have to flip the switch on the fly.

attachment.php

You my friend get a +1 and i get a slap in the face for not having the latest version installed on my computer.

haha! That's too funny. I'm repping him and it's not even something that I had a question on, but am using to learn. :thumbsup: After all, learning from others questions is one of the best ways. :D

To the OP, I assume you already have Hondata, but in the case that you dont, Gizzmo Electronics makes a boost controller with the features that your lookin for. Its a pretty nice setup if you not planin on purchasing Hondata.

To the OP, I assume you already have Hondata, but in the case that you dont, Gizzmo Electronics makes a boost controller with the features that your lookin for. Its a pretty nice setup if you not planin on purchasing Hondata.

Hondata is probably the best engine management suite for what he wants to do. You can tune it yourself with a wideband, and save money on a tuner. Get a good tune on the street, then only spend an hour and make two passes at the dyno.

That boost controller isn't even a piggy-back unit, so it won't cut boost when there's an engine code, monitor AFR when boosting, or limit boost if the engine overheats.... The Hondata s300 is probably the safest way to control your boost. Think of your engine management suite as an insurance policy. It's good to have a backup plan, or a failover.

I understand all that, I myself plan on runnin Crome Pro with boost and nitrous control. I was just informing him on other options in case, for whatever reason, he doesnt already have Hondata and didnt plan on gettin it.

Already have it and i love it. i have cold boost cut and everything set up pretty much to protect my investment after a Crome incident that melted one of my pistons. so i can just enable the boost control to whatever output i wish and it will work correct? or do i still need to run a different controller and just hook it up to the output that i select on Hondata? i am being told that i have to run a seperate output. i thought it was just like the rev limiter or full throttle launch on Hondata and i should work with what ever output turns it on am i mistaken?

Well, it's not that simple. Your ECU has to have the PWM outputs setup properly. But, if you're using an output like the AC clutch, or the VTECs, you'll be fine.

Don't run a different controller, just make sure you use a relay. A different controller won't talk to the hondata, and it won't know what is really going on with the engine.

I don't understand this one, but I'll try to explain it. With the full throttle launch, there's a switch that triggers it. On my particular system it's the switch I installed under the clutch pedal. When that switch is open, the full throttle launch opens up, and drops the rev-limit, allowing me to open it up all the way, and it also leans the fuel out a bit, to compensate for the whole standing still thing.
Now, with boost control, you'll set it up on an output through a relay, and the boost solenoid will control your boost, when triggered by the s300. If you have the boost controled via temperature (which is the only smart way to do it.) and via gear, you'll only boost up to what it set it to while that condition is true.

IE: If you have it set to boost at 2PSI in 1st and 3psi in 2nd, as long as you're in 1st, it'll boost to 2psi. Keep in mind that it can only figure out what gear you're in when you're moving, so if you're launching, you'll need a seperate boost control for launch. If you're not moving, it naturally assumes you're in 5th. Bad math, and you'll need to account for this.

I hope I answered everything. Lemme know if I was unclear.

Back