Hondata S300 Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sko0terMan

Hey i was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me out on this little problem that i have. I am having issues with my fuel trim. I have Hondata S300 installed in my ecu. I am able to rev my engine up to about 4 grand then it starts to bog down. I have played a little with the fuel trim but it doesnt seem to be helping my problem. I am running 750cc injectors and a gt35r turbo. Any info that could help would be great.

unfortunatly, if your not sure enough with what your doing and your not getting the results you want, we probably cannot help you with this here. hondata has a multiplier for your injectors to resize stock maps to your larger injectors, but since your also running turbo, you need a tune. of course, this can only be done with the car infront of you.

my suggestion is find a reputable shop in your area and shell out the money for a professional tune. you'll see much better results, unless i'm under estimating your skill. i wouldnt think you'd need to post if you had that skill mastered tho.

Yea i know im not that good at tuning. I just wanted to get it idle and drive a little better before i went and had it tuned. I know that they would charge a lot more if it was running like crap since they would have to write a good base program. I just wanted to see if anyone had any calibrations that had a similar setup.

Check the Hondata forums.. they have a lot of basemaps that you can download there and maybe someone will have a similar setup.

First of all, you didn't tell what engine you're running. So, I'm going to assume you're running a d14z2. I've got a basemap, but it's without a turbo, and 190cc injectors.

Secondly, you need to give more information. What's the a/f when it boggs? Does it bog with load at 4k? How much boost are you making at 4k? What's the target a/f for that range?

yes i have a wideband. I looked at the hondata fourm and didnt see anything to similar, but i did downlaod some of the calibrations. I am running a b16 with 9:1 pistons, and 750cc injectors. I only have it setup at 7psi right now. and it does bogg under loat at 4 grand.

what i would do:

start over with a new bin/map/whatever hondata calls it now, based off the b16 tables
add your injector multiplier for the 750's
add the .75 degree igniton retard per pound of boost multiplier

bogging = bad.
stop driving it and boosting it before you blow it up.

take it to a dyno, or street tune it with someone who knows what they are doing/

Here's what you need to do with a basemap for your b16:

First off, cut out all of the boost, set the vtec point to something that makes it not matter, then tune.

Second, set the vtec point back to where you need it, tune.

Third, set ~ 3lbs boost, tune. (optional step, but recomended)

Fourth, set the full boost, tune.

Then run it on a dyno, and retune each step all over again because you only tuned partial throttle. (Buying a new engine between steps is optional, but sometimes required.)

Ok sounds good. Thanks for the help. I just want to get this thing on the road.

Back