Hondata S300 or OEM or Motec M800

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bono

Hi guys,

I have a b18c4 swapped in my ek9 with a type R ecu and some other mods like 4-1 manifold - direct piping 2.5'hks high power exhaust. I'm planning to put a mugen double loop afterwards as already available here from a friend. I really want to upgrade now but some guys here told me to go for motec, some oem and hondata etc.

How many of you went through these ecu upgrade and what you think will be best? I really want to kick in some power. And yes, I use my car as a daily drive for work.

Thanks.

"OEM"

Motec would be overkill; and Hondata is basically OEM with extra I/Os and features. IMO, what they've done with the stock Honda ECUs trumps any other stock ECUs I've messed with(a LOT of added features for stock hardware).

Thanks. Just need to look for someone who knows about OEM here in my country. As far as I know, Hondata the most common here.

Which OEM ecu precisely do you think best? Any reference.

stick with the hondata. you aren't modded enough to warrant the cost and hassel of moving to a full standalone.

If you were to use Crome(which is available for free, though not sure how much support is still there), there's more scripts for the P05/P06/P28 ECU.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter: they're pretty similar to each other and with Hondata, etc. they have the same features and such.

Back