1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hondata S300 or OEM or Motec M800

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by bono, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bono

bono New Member

Hi guys,

I have a b18c4 swapped in my ek9 with a type R ecu and some other mods like 4-1 manifold - direct piping 2.5'hks high power exhaust. I'm planning to put a mugen double loop afterwards as already available here from a friend. I really want to upgrade now but some guys here told me to go for motec, some oem and hondata etc.

How many of you went through these ecu upgrade and what you think will be best? I really want to kick in some power. And yes, I use my car as a daily drive for work.

Thanks.

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

"OEM"

Motec would be overkill; and Hondata is basically OEM with extra I/Os and features. IMO, what they've done with the stock Honda ECUs trumps any other stock ECUs I've messed with(a LOT of added features for stock hardware).

3. bono

bono New Member

Thanks. Just need to look for someone who knows about OEM here in my country. As far as I know, Hondata the most common here.

Which OEM ecu precisely do you think best? Any reference.

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

stick with the hondata. you aren't modded enough to warrant the cost and hassel of moving to a full standalone.

5. bono

bono New Member

Ok thanks a lot.

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

If you were to use Crome(which is available for free, though not sure how much support is still there), there's more scripts for the P05/P06/P28 ECU.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter: they're pretty similar to each other and with Hondata, etc. they have the same features and such.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted