hondata vs. apexi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprt92

i have a h22a in my lude im going w/ a turbo. i have a apexi vafc that i haven't installed yet. I was talking to some people about it and they say i should run hondata. i looked into it but w/ me already having a apexi what would be thae gain in selling it and getting hondata. i would need to get a different ecu and keep in mind that not everyone has a laptop computer!!

Originally posted by imprt92@Aug 19 2004, 05:24 PM
i would need to get a different ecu and keep in mind that not everyone has a laptop computer!!
[post=379406]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, but the guy who tunes your car will, the tunability of hondata is much greater, Id go that route

hardly....

the FC is great for nissans and rx7's...

and thats mostly because hondata doesn't exist for them.

no one on the serious racing circuit is running that shit

ok so hondata is the way to go i guess. what exacly do i need? by this i meen what ecu? i read something about chiping the ecu, and i think i need the hondata s200 w/ boost option. is there anything i might be missing? thanks

hondata requires a chip socket.
you can do it yourself with a soldering gun and desolder and solder.
or, you can pay them $65 to do it for you.

then, you either need a dealer/tuner to tune you, and just get the base system with boost...

or, you need a lot of shit...
unit, boost, datalogging, rom editor, pocket programmer chip burner, pocket romulator real-time emulator, some EEPROM chips, a wideband o2, and dyno time

or nab my street and widebadn tuned P72 ROM for H22 from the Uberdata board and go that route... Not that hard to do and a fuck of a lot cheaper than hondata.

Hondata definately the dominant but how much would you want for the V-AFC....

Originally posted by LsVtecInteg@Sep 1 2004, 10:00 AM
Hondata definately the dominant but how much would you want for the V-AFC....
[post=384695]Quoted post[/post]​

not sure but i think im gonna use it for a little while you know just to make sure i can afford hondata. the turbo and trany are gonna whipe me out

yet another victim of wasting money on The WRONG parts.

FUEL MANAEGMENT > ANY OTHER PART YOU COULD EVER POSSIBLY BUY FOR YOU CAR.

Back