Hondata?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec hatch93

im putting together my turbo kit and i was wondering if i still need to use a missing link or does the hondata disable the ECU from reading boost? also does it adjust the fuel or do i still need a 12:1 FMU system?

If you get the Hondata S200 system it will handle all of you fueling needs. You will however need to get at least 400cc injectors so you can have added fuel capacity. And no, you do not have to use the Missing link. It's not the honda map sensor that can't read boost, it's the computer. hondata reconfigures your stock computer to read as much as 11 psi with the stock map sensor. If you want to run more boost you will have to switch to a GM 2 or 3 bar map sensor, I use one from a turbo grand national. Get all your parts first, and assemble it all before purchasing the Hondata system, then tell whomever is porgramming it for you what all of your engine specs are,i.e. what injector size you are using, how much boost you plan on runnning,etc.

Hey, hate to butt in, ive got a b16/b20 turbo set up (8 psi) w/ 310cc injectors, fuel rail, and a secondary fuel pump, ive also got a vtec controller...r u saying id have to replace a lot of this stuff if i wanted to get a hondata system?

And like how much would this cost when all is said and done?

Thanx guys

a honda map sensor, and most for that matter are 2-bar sensors.
1 bar for ambient pressure, plus or minus a couple, and then yuo have room for 11-12 psi of boost with out the sensor getting over loaded.
the GM 3-bar will allow you to run 2 bar's of boost, or roughly 25-27 psi depending on ambent pressure.

with hondata, you don't need a missing link, nor the fmu. And thats a good thing. the hondata will control the fuel, and with the boost option on it you don't need to trick the ecu with a missing link type device.

lsvtec hatch93-
no. however, depending on your dealer, they can set you up with a base map based on your parts/settings. but, its meant to be used to get your ass to a dyno only. don't drive on it, don't make boost on it. get it tuned, pick up a couple hundred horsepower :)

Sablo16-
no, all of that can work with hondata. however, you metion secondary pump- if you mean inline pump, you should really replace that with a $90 walboro 255 HP intank fuel pump.
the injectors, 310, are way too small for your set up in the first place. i'd use 310's on an all motor b20/vtec. you should go up to 550's. Lack of fuel is slowing you down.

Back