Honkey has an idea...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gas powered AWD skateboard.

Specs-
Engine- Honda GXH50 50cc air cooled 4 stroke 2.5 HP @ 7000 RPM, 2.3 ft lbs @ 4300 RPM, 7800 RPM redline.
Transmission- All aluminum six speed automatic with adjustable shift points on all gears.
Driveline layout- Engine and transmission side by side behind the rear axle with a driveshaft connecting the front and rear axles.
Axles- Solid (non differential) axles.
Brakes- One disc braking all four wheels through the driveline.
Control- Hand held control stick with brake and gas levers; thumb operates the gas, index and middle finger operate the brake. Stick connected to the engine and brakes via control cables and an engine kill safety lanyard.

Frame-
3/8" square aluminum frame with foot straps.

Tires-
Mountainboard 8.5 X 2.5 tires.

Performance-
1st gear- 10 MPH
2nd gear- 15 MPH
3rd gear- 20 MPH
4th gear- 25 MPH
5th gear- 30 MPH
6th gear- 35 MPH

Design philosiphy-
Gas powered on/off road touring board capable of riding moderate mountain bike trails and wowing your friends.

Cost-
$1300- $1400.

Now the question- would you buy it?

ummm .....no...why?...to expensive and quite ridiculous 35 miles an hr on a skateboard is absolutley retarded. oh and ummm who the fuck spends that much on a uhhh.... skateboard ahh gas powered thingamabob :blink: :blink: :blink: ??

It's an excellent idea that most people won't buy. I don't want to hurt myself on a skateboard. If I did, I wouldn't care if I did it on an uphill or a downhill. So, if given the choice while bearing the willingness to hurt myself, I would chose a cheap skateboard and a steep downhill.

the Germans have already done it. They have some crazy mountain boarding shit. If you can find some videos they do some crazy shit. Their design is lacking though. They have a "floppy" front wheel setup, whenever they go over a jump, wheels turn and................ ugh ground. But yeah you can do that for alot less money and if you are into that crazy kill yourself mountain biking, boarding shit like I am then hell yeah. If you spend some time on egineering and thought then you should do well.

sounds like fun.. but 35 mph off road with nothing to hang on to is outta this world. adding some handlebars (im a bit biased :)~ ) would make it a lot safer and probably more manuverable.

OK, so maybe a bit overengineered, huh? A few things... I'm not saying it's a new invention. You can go out and buy two stroke single speed gas powered skateboards for about $450. My idea is just an improvement, albeit maybe a bit much. Why the six speed? To keep the engine in the middle of the powerband. The ratios are fairly close, so it almost would act like a CVT on a snowmobile. As for doing 35 offroad, well, duh... there's a throttle, you don't HAVE to do 35 MPH all the time.

How about a two stroke, two speed, two wheel drive board for $350 or a single speed for $300?

also you need to make sure there isnt a patent on the product you are trying to sell.

one way you could get around it, is if it is "novel" and "improvement" on the original...

s403fa72f49439.jpg

nuff said

Totally unpractical. First off, I'd like to see a video of that thing running. Second off, look how small the front wheels are. Third, the IC is useless because of it's size. Fourth, turbocharging and Briggs & Stratton don't go together. I've tried it. Fifth, that turbo is way too big for a 209cc engine.

dat's wut da NAAAAAWWZZZZ iz fo.

and don't 4 stroke engines last longer than 2 stroke?

Back