Hood Pins, yes or no.

Which is better for me?

• Hood pins

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No hood pins

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think all pins are cheesy. Most people that run pins have a beat up hood that wont shut and dont have enough mods to warrant such a flashy thing. Its like those guys that put washers in the hood hinges to raise the back of the hood for their CX motor. Sorry to say but all I think about is perpetrators and posers as they paint their rear drums red and put another sticker on the body. These are the people that make our passion for Hondas seem silly to others.

+++++1

I hope your not directing any of that towards me CAFROG, because i actually do have "enough mods" under my hood to warrant getting hood pins.
I was talking about the fact that too many ricers do the pins and such with crappy gaps for hood, fenders, etc. Like they put together a build (which is cool) but stopped halfway through (telling the details to Eff off) and decided to crank up the cheese-o-meter by painting the wrong stuff, installing hood pins and washers to jack the hood up in the back and make all the body lines look worse....oh and putting a toe hook on....that one bothers me more and more lately...like they just got toed back from the end of the 1/4 mile by a quad runner or something.....but to each his own.

Sorry if I offended you...I'm kind of a snob when it comes to mod's on a Honda. I would rather be a sleeper then stick out like a sore thumb and perpetuate all the negative views of tuners ("All show and No go" view of us)

There are some pins on the market that look better (lower profile) than others, such as the hide aways listed above, or these: (Pilot, $28)
G_19953G_CL_1.jpg

It is currently a safety issue. If you don't pin it, there is a great chance that your hood is going to flop up and destroy itself, your windshield, possibly your roof, and maybe injure/kill you and others. I'd take pins in the hood over all of that.

My vote is to drop the coin, and finish the JDM conversion and latch the hood properly with the OEM latch. But if you aren't going to do that, pin it. At least it is somewhat safe. Who cares if it is "rice".

There are some pins on the market that look better (lower profile) than others, such as the hide aways listed above, or these: (Pilot, $28)
G_19953G_CL_1.jpg

I previouslly used these same type of hood pins, and the top of the pin that the key lock latches onto was so thin it snapped at 60mph of wind pressure. Which lead to well, you can figure out the rest.

If i got pins, i would go with aerocatch.

Well, there I go assuming that a company would make their products do what they are made to do. My bad.

dont go CHEAP. u pay for what u get. 90% of ppl with pins are just for looks. go sleek no pins here. and if u catch fire in ur engine try taking them pins out.lol

Well, there I go assuming that a company would make their products do what they are made to do. My bad.

Im not saying they dont do what they were designed to do, But i happened to be unlucky enough and have my pins fail on me. Thus giving me a bad impression on those style of pins.

Im not saying they dont do what they were designed to do, But i happened to be unlucky enough and have my pins fail on me. Thus giving me a bad impression on those style of pins.

And I was saying that given your review, the pins are garbage.

Back