Hood Pins?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

What are the pros and cons of having hood pins are compared the the stock hood latch???

PRO - carbon fiber hoods are light and would be smart to use them
PRO - kinda looks tight with the carbon hood
CON - looks ugly with stock hood - kinda ricy

these are all MY opinions

I think if you have a stock hood, don't use hood pins. It will look like crap. However, if you get a nice aftermarket hood, it would look pretty good. Personally, I would not use them.

I think he is asking on using either pins or using the latch with, lets say a CF hood. Personally I like a clean finish but at the same token I don't want my hood going bye bye and possibly killing someone on the interstate. I had a CF hood on my hatchy but I decided to run no hood pins, reason why is when I first put the hood on I was curios to see if there would appear to be any type of future problems with it. So I pulled and yanked and it felt just as sold as the oem hood. I have heard of hoods flying off, but I also hear that depends on who actually made the hood. I am guessing that your generic cheapy hoods that have an uneven layout of the carbon weave is more likely to be assembly using improper epoxies and cost cutting techniques. I order my shit through Sheng.

Milan

Back