hood pins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

ok so today it was freakishly windy for my area and i was on the interstate and had a close call with my carbon fiber hood...i have a set of hood pins i just never bothered to put them on mainly because i heard they can cause the hood to crack...but now i'd rather have a small crack around the pins than 2 pieces of a hood and a cracked windshield...so the whole purpose to all of this is which part of the hood looks better with pins in it????

hood.jpg

i was thinking either the red or the green circles squares or whatever you want to call them

red....

you shouldn't need them though. if your hood latch has a main latch and safety latch, no matter how much wind, it shouldn't affect it.

yeah i know that that's what saved it from coming up today but i don't want to take any chances....i mean it kills me to have to do it because i love how clean the hood is with the car...but the pins came with the hood so it's not like i have to go out and buy any

yeah i know that that's what saved it from coming up today but i don't want to take any chances....i mean it kills me to have to do it because i love how clean the hood is with the car...but the pins came with the hood so it's not like i have to go out and buy any
well, maybe you should get a new hood latch. i had a cf hood and didn't have an issue with it once. it was a 1995 civic coupe.

mine are cf locking hood pins and i have them in the red area. they look pretty good there

red.....

looks better and in most cases if there is a crack occuring from incorrect installation...its from the green zone

i don't really have a choice on the color of the pins anyways...the hood came with red...unless i want to go buy a new set...but my car is red anyways so it might contrast a little bit...if not i'll go but a set of black or silver ones in of the same model

Back