hood question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
My hood flew up on me on the highway a while back. Do you think it is worse to drive around in a hood with huge dents in it or to use a black certifit hood till paint?

If it's having any problems latching I would replace it as soon as possible. Try looking for a used one, an after market hood it will fit a lot better and if you're lucky you might find one the same color.

Well i have been searching for a few months now. None the same or close the color i need. Certifit is a respectable company with quality parts.

all a hood is there for is to keep water/bad things out, make the car look better, and add to aerodynamics. certifit should be fine.

LOL, you are going to look like one of those ricers that painted their hood black so it looks like carbon fiber...

Oh well, better that than driving around with a FUBAR hood that might smash your windshield again..

Hell, why not spend a few extra bucks and get a real carbon fiber hood?
Then paint it anyway :ph34r:

Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 23 2005, 04:54 PM

Hell, why not spend a few extra bucks and get a real carbon fiber hood?
Then paint it anyway :ph34r:
[post=530255]Quoted post[/post]​

This gets my vote. That is what I'm doing. unpainted cf is for posers :)

carbon fiber is for posers of any sorts.. get carbon carbon.. you can set your engine on fire and it'll still be good to go.. besides.. you should get hood pins.. then your hood can't fly up?

Back