hoods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93cxhb

ok so i so a post on another site about cowl hoods on civics basicly two peple debating about how well they would work. i'm hopefully going to be showin my car soon as well as trying to build a good strong engine i like to do things that are original so what is everyones opions. also i would like to run ITB's so it would actually be a functional part. so yes or no?. oh sorry i own a 93 civic hatch.

Cowl or scoop? Cowl hoods have the opening in the rear. What you're probably thinking of is a scoop that rams air into front of the engine bay, and in that case- depending on the hood design, it can help.

i was thinking the cowl not the scoop. the way cowl work is they draw air into the engine bay from the deflection off the windshield it's odd but it works

If you want to mod ur hood/front end to increase your airflow to ur motor then just take out a headlight.

Cowl hood = not worth the trouble.

a cowl head and ITBS would work well, you intake temps would be near to ambient.

Hood scoop would create excess drag so obviously it is not a choice.

Back