hook up a auto Neon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

my cousin has a automatic plymouth neon and we just put a tach in there(didnt come with a stock one). while driving it shifts normally(at 2300-3000 rpm), but when he floors it, it still shifts around 3000-4000k rpms. are there any ecu's thatll allow it to shift higher? once it goes past 3500rpm you can feel it pull but all of a sudden it shifts.

yea, lol

you put it in 1, then when it redlines you put it in 2...

and it would be a tranny control unit most likely..

ecu's are just for the engine... at least on hondas...

if a car doesn't come stock with a tachometer then it's probably not performance oriented. i wouldn't waste the time or money in doing anything to that car. but that's just my opinion.

auto - manual swap y0.

If not you'll just need to manually shift it.

alright i think hes just going to do a auto-manual conversion and maybe a srt4 swap or something.

sad thing is, his "competition" is a 91 civic dx hb with intake and axle-back muffler(still dpfi..lol)

Originally posted by integraslut78@Mar 16 2005, 04:16 PM
Jump it off a bridge and collect insurance money. :lol:
[post=474495]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

and get a hatch and swap that bitch okkk

tell him to get a DOHC neon motor, they're not too bad. They have like 150/150 hp/tq or something like that.

An auto/manual conversion would be the best bet though to make it faster. Auto transes suck in just about EVERY 4 cyl.

My friend's dad rented a neon and when he took it on the highway, within 10 minutes of leaving the rental place, the thing was blowing white smoke because the auto tranny refused to shift before 7000rpm and kept redlining itself (and then blew the head gasket, hense the smoke) :lol:

No my friend was there, he said his dad wasn't beating on it hard, just flooring it to get onto the highway :D

the funny part of this thread is how many people on this site and elsewhere have started with DPFI civics that were auto and made about 2hp at the wheels

granted it's a neon, but still

or... Hahn racecraft, and star both make turbo kits for the older neons.

definitely gotta do the tranny swap though.

If you really want to hook it up. I would suggest a tow truck and collect the fifty bucks that a salvage yard would give you for it. :p

Back