1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooking up A'PEXi V-AFC to '89 CRX Si ECU

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by mizziiiike, Dec 24, 2002.

1. mizziiiike

mizziiiike Junior Member

Has anyone done this, that can tell me which wires on the '89 CRX Si ECU Harness coincide with the wires for the V-AFC controller. Also, there is a VTEC Solenoid input & output wire, since the ECU doesn't control any VTEC, does that mean the input wire doesn't hook up to anything? Just the output hooks up to the solenoid?

Thanks for the help in advance!

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

We do have a ECU/Elcectronics forum "mod, we need a mod over here" (they will move it, dont repost it)

3. mizziiiike

mizziiiike Junior Member

sorry about that, I just noticed that a few minutes ago. im sure you can tell im new.

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

there is a "VAFC" for non vtec cars, forgot the name of it, i think it is called SAFC or something like that.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yea the people at apex told me that the vafc can't be used for the older cars.

6. mizziiiike

mizziiiike Junior Member

no, i'm going to have a vtec head. the v-afc is going to be my vtec controller.

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I'm sure you can do it but I don't know the layout of the ecu plugs.Besides I've never hooked one up,waiting till I had a reason to buy one.If they hook up through the ecu then get a diagram of the pins from the car the vafc is for and one from the motor you have in there and compare em to see what lines up and what you have,if anything,to b/s.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted