Hookup on lightweight 15s?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I'm not a name dropper, so I don't need anything name brand.

My ultimate goal is to find wheels that are nice looking above all, relatively lightweight, and as cheap as possible. I sold the infiniti for an undisclosed but dismal amount, and I'm hoping I can get wheels and make a dp on tires with the money.

Does anyone know where I can get 15s (preferably 15x7s) as cheap as possible? I can get Rota GT3s in any color from JLB motorsports for 465 shipped. I'd like to find something closer to 400 shipped without getting into the ghetto shit.

Pep Boys carries this line of wheels, they look like Heliums, and are one piece. They are light (About a pound heavier than the Heliums). they come in Helium colors.

$30 each. Check it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Pep Boys carries this line of wheels, they look like Heliums, and are one piece. They are light (About a pound heavier than the Heliums). they come in Helium colors.

$30 each. Check it.

I remember you telling me about this: only problem, we don't have a pepboys here.

Heliums are sweet....but any light weight wheel is worthless if you go with a heavy tire...

and what car is it going on?

those be them.

where do I look for them though? I tried to find a dealer list on their website but there aren't any in america?

EDIT: Note: america is also called "USA". Still, they're their only dealer? wtf?

hrmmm lemme see what i can find

Well, the bronze 15" heliums will look good on it, but for the tires...consider what weather you will run them in.
I had them with Azenis...and the Azenis were very heavy...at 21 lbs each, on a 10.5 lb rim...but they were on a slightly modded car, for driving from spring til fall...avoiding rainy days and cold weather. But they had grip, and the fun factor was there...total weight= 31.5 lbs

As for other tires...it all depends on the main use that you want to get out of them.

I have the 13" CF-48s with the Advan A008's...all wrapped up for a full blown autocross set-up...but I've yet ran them...they are on the CRX..and just look hot...and have more functions over form...with a slight name brand thrown in.... and they run in at 21 lbs per rim and tire...

Size=weight...keep that in mind. smaller rim will need a higher side wall tire, which will need more rubber..and rubber is slightly heavy...

I've been running 13" stock steelies with the Advan A048's on the civic for about 7000 miles...they are the hard compound ones found on the Elise...used, and raced on when I got them for $100 or so...and they made me so happy with their performance...even with rain...I'd go like a bat out of hell on the road with about a 1/4" or rain on the road..in a light car...and when the revs popped up, and the tack went crazy...I knew I was hydro-planeing...but the car still went very staight and once they gripped again...no problems....unlike other tires I've played with, where they would veer to one side...but I hit pot hole or something..and one tire now has a bubble on it...but I have another full set in the garage just waiting for these to wear down...so I can still play. The steelies wheigh in at about 15-17 lbs...and I'd say the tire felt about 13-15 lbs...the stock Civic has no problem getting them to move...and it's about 91 hp at the crank

Keep your eyes on ebay for them...if that the route you want...

but you said 15".....but you didn't say what the use would be...for daily driving I'd think.....I'd prolly look for a decent all season radial like uhmmm.....look into Sumitomo HTR 200's...they were on the AE86...and they handled pretty good in the snow...even though they were 13"...how much they would weigh for a 15"...I have no clue...

for the sick and cheap grip...summer use...the Azenis rt-615 are fun...not as heavy as the rt-215...just slightly lighter, better handling in rain than the rt-215's...and worth the little bit more of the money that they want per tire...

I have a set of 14" watanabe RS-8's for the civic...and once I get a sand blaster and an oven...then they will get cleaned up and powdercoated and then wrapped with the rt-615's for next years fun on the daily driver...while the 13" rims I have will be fully set up for the CRX for an all out season for autocross..and I also have 2 new hoosiers waiting to see the track......Gawd..I have too many tires and rims...and I still want more :ph34r:

Daily driving wheels, daily driving tires. Chances are they'll be getting Toyos or whatever the tire shop carries for a decent all-season.

I hate bronze wheels. I'm also just generally not a fan of the Heliums' design.

I'd really like to get the 5Zigen FN-01R/C but they're ghastly expensive for a 15".

ill sell ya some 15x6.5 motegi mr7's for like 275 shipped. no tires and they need repainted. dont look too bad, but spending 10 bucks to scuff them up and respray them would do a world of good.

300 shipped and ill repaint them myself, whatever color youw ant :p they are flat black atm.

they weigh 16.5 lbs a piece

Quoted post[/post]]
Heliums are sweet....but any light weight wheel is worthless if you go with a heavy tire...

and what car is it going on?

Quoted post[/post]]
Daily driving wheels, daily driving tires. Chances are they'll be getting Toyos or whatever the tire shop carries for a decent all-season.

I hate bronze wheels. I'm also just generally not a fan of the Heliums' design.

I'd really like to get the 5Zigen FN-01R/C but they're ghastly expensive for a 15".

i love those 5zigens also, almost bought some but went with motegi trak lites instead, dont look as sexy, but weigh less.

plus my buddy is a manager of big10 and i get wheels at his cost. 70 bucks cheaper per rim then i could find anywhere, even ebay. had to pay tax but it was less then shipping woulda been

Quoted post[/post]]
ill sell ya some 15x6.5 motegi mr7's for like 275 shipped. no tires and they need repainted. dont look too bad, but spending 10 bucks to scuff them up and respray them would do a world of good.

300 shipped and ill repaint them myself, whatever color youw ant :p they are flat black atm.

they weigh 16.5 lbs a piece

lol

when I said "any kind will do" I meant "any kind that I like".

sorry but I'm really not into the MR7s. I didn't like them anyway but there are like 12 sets floating around town. :p

Back