hopefully someone can awnser this ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awd-civic

alright soo back in the day honda made an awd civic and what im wondering if the motor mounts are the same for the normal 2wd civic so that u wouldn't have to do crazy custom motor mounts. which brings me to my 2nd ? would a b series motor bolt up to the 6speed tranny used on that car. or would the b series trannys bolt up to the transfer case for the awd? another thing is if none of that is possible what is there to do to the 108 hp d16a6 motor as for head swaps? pistons? custom turbo?. i was also wondering if the suspension would be the same for that car could i order coilovers for a 89 civic hatch and have them work on the wagon??? cuz i know with nissan all of there sentra parts are universal u can use 91 sentra parts on 2006 and vice versa. the reasson im askin all these crazy ?"s is cuz i have never EVER seen a done up awd civic and kidna wondering why besides the fact they are UGLY but i think it would be a sweet project and theres one in my area with a good body for sale for real cheap sooo if osmeone could help me out it would be very appreciated

Do It!

wagovans are the coolest! I dont know everything but if I were in a position to get one I would definately DTDT ( do the damn thing!).
D16 can be made with a lot of power. Z6 or mini-me or turbo.
I'm pretty sure there is no way to hook a B series engine to a D tranny.
Also unsure as to whether a CRV tranny wouldnt be too hard to fit into a wagovan.
sleeve type coilovers should work fine with stock shocks.
wagovans RULE!

There's a reason you don't see Wagovans done up more often...the AWD system sucks. It's essentially FWD, with an occasional power transfer back to the rear wheels. I'd guess the ratio is something like 80/20 in favor of the front. It's definitely NOT a performance-oriented AWD system.

And no, a B16 will not bolt up to a D-series transmission. Yes, you can turbo the D16A6, but it's not heavily supported by the aftermarket. You can find parts for it, but they're not as plentiful as B-series parts.

If you want to try an AWD B-series setup, that can be done using a custom CRV tranny and rear-differential. Honda Tuning Magazine did that a few years back, although honestly that's not really ideal either. The CRV setup suffers from the same unbalanced power distribution as the Wagovan, plus the CRV tranny has shitty gear ratios for performance applications, and it still involved a shit ton of customizing just to make it all work (think big money).

In my opinion, not worth it...

90\10 it's mad ghey. a guy on honda-tech fabbed one. like 400hp search it up

The wagons had a 4wd system that supplied power to the spinning wheel. You can do a little custom fab work and make it all-time 4wd, or have 4wd on a lever.

Since the Dseries are all the same, you could do D16z6 and turbo. Lots of choices. Also the 4wd wagons are MPFi, so there's a little less headache.

The possibiltys are as limited as your wallet. :)

I'm liking those videos.. especially the first one it looks like that car gets off the line pretty damn well considering the turbo kit that's in it. If the diff is strong enough to handle those kind of launches I might have to look into that.. I could always build it stronger :)

yeah pretty sick vids.... I don't think the D is completely stock though. They say it is but it's kinda hard to believe.

Back