1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horn button w/Momo hub & Sparco Lap3 steering whee

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by HONDAPITSTOP, Oct 24, 2003.

1. HONDAPITSTOP

HONDAPITSTOP Senior Member

Oh Man,
    I can’t figure out how to hook up the middle horn button on a Sparco Lap3 steering wheel on my 95 Accord. I removed the stock wheel but there is a clock spring (coiled cable) unit that won’t fit with the aftermarket wheel and hub and I can’t figure out how to get the horn to work with this aftermarket hub setup and horn button. Ideas? The car won’t pass inspection without a horn and I’d like to have a working horn for safety reasons.

How have people wired horns to their aftermarket wheels so that the wires rotate correctly like the stock coiled cable?

Here’s a link to my pics of all the parts I’m talking about.

Steering wheel and hub pics

Thanks, Bruce

2. HONDAPITSTOP

Oh yeah baybay!
    Thanks to everyone who provided advice on the installation of the horn on a Sparco Steering wheel and momo hub on a 1995 Honda Accord 4 cyl.
    I was able to come up with a solution using the guts of a GE night light. It was perfect as it has a small thin flat copper piece that is somewhat springy yet bendable, and a stiffer metal piece that holds the copper piece. A bit of soldering and a few hours later I was done!

Pictures and technote will be posted fairly soon, but I just wanted to say THANKS! for pointing me in the right direction!

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

when i put my mugen wheel and horn button in my 92 civic...

i used a momo hub w/o airbag
    i had to splice the horn wire from under the dash
    i bought the 4g civic "shoe horn" activator for the horn button

and put it all back pretty. w/o the airbag of course you get a dash light. easy removal of the bulb though.

another suggestion -
    how about a push-button activator you can mount somewheres to pass inspection?

youve already got it figured out but those are some ideas for others.

4. HONDAPITSTOP

What is the shoe horn activator? Do you have a link to more information so we can see what you mean? THanks,
    Bruce

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted