Horrible Gas Mileage!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

Bought this car used in Oklahoma (first mistake) used+oklahoma=POS :)

Its only getting about 200 miles per tank! On a 9.5 Gallon Tank

D16Y7?????

What is the problem here!!

could be a bunch of stuff bro, could be a map sensor, a ECT sensor, bad plugs wires cap rotor, fuel filter.

check out your plugs and stuff first see how they are all lookin!

make sure your return line back to the tank isn't blocked or cut off...
this would increase fuel pressure and consume more fuel...

check to make sure they are the right injectors...

tune up, new fuel filter, new air filter, check your timing...

any other problems with it?

check thw signals coming from your o2 to make sure its reading properly, also check tire pressures and definately look for a stuck caliper... feel the wheels after a decent drive and see if any feel hot as hell..

does the car seem slow? like un-usually so?

i'm thinking more and more that its POSSIBLY the brakes cause you have no codes...

I have codes the Codes its throwing is Air Intake Temperature Sensor is out!! Also I am getting shitty gas mileage like 180mpg for a full tank in a 9.7 gallon tank??? Im hating this car more and more If I feel like driving to Oklahoma Im going to find that Used car Salesman and Kick his Ass!!!

air intake temp sensor can cause excess fuel to be dumped, this lets the car know how cold the incoming air is...

like on a cold day it will start up and dump massive fuel to keep the car going...

air intake temp sensor can have an effect on your air fuel ratio...

change that sensor...

also, when you have a CEL it could throw your car in limp mode... meaning it dumps lots of fuel to make sure its running rich as opposed to lean, also retards timing etc

if you have a dvom check the resistance at the air intake sensor. like reckedracing said
when you have this code it just dumps fuel in to be safe so that the car doesn't lean out.
check your spark plugs and see how they look. run the car for a minute than turn if off and check them. if the car is running rich you will have excess fuel on them.

Originally posted by IT-R Coupe@Feb 27 2005, 08:30 PM
if you have a dvom check the resistance at the air intake sensor. like reckedracing said
when you have this code it just dumps fuel in to be safe so that the car doesn't lean out.
check your spark plugs and see how they look. run the car for a minute than turn if off and check them. if the car is running rich you will have excess fuel on them.
[post=466891]Quoted post[/post]​

reset ur ecu and see if it throws the code again

Back