Horrible Gas Mileage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

1997 Civic CX (HB)
with d16Y7 instead of D15B8

I did a motor swap after my head blew Didnt bother changing the ECU... Are they Not Compatible.. Im not throwing any codes.. I have a 10 Gallon Tank and I only get about 200 miles per fillup That cant be right.. after talking to Honda they told me that I need the ECU that corresponds with my motor... Just want to get an opinion from yall becaue all they want is my money which will cost 660$ for them to do... Would that ECU cause this problem

I am sure that the ecu is the the main problem. That is the worst honda setup available you should not be using that ecu. Check a junk yard for the correct ecu it should be less than 100 or hit up ebay. You need a non vtec ecu from a 96-98 civic. (not the cx). I would also check your spark quality and timing.

is your car auto or manual i have a auto d16y7 ecu if you need it ill sell for real cheap just let me know.

ya boy steveo

it is 600+ from honda for one, however, they never go for that price in the real world. Check out the classifieds here, honda-tech.com, and ebay for one. You can easily find them for around 100

i bet its more of a timing belt problem. when my timing belt was loose, it wasn't even off a tooth my gas mileage went from 34 mpg to 28. you should check your timing. and not jsut cam timing you need to check your ingintion timing too.

check you're o2 sensor also. i have the same problem, i although i have a cel that corresponds to the o2. just a little input.

Back