House rebuild thread #23569903

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

did you pull a permit for the construction of the shed?

Overkill is fun.....

First I thought I was doing it too flembsy...and I was...a night of deep thoughts and beer, and I redesigned the whole roof. Cut here...chop there, and viollllla.....:ph34r:

you should be able to park a truck on the roof....literally...and literally meant the same...it should take it. NE snow...if we get any...will weigh something like a ton per meter^3...so the bomb shelter...uhm....tool shed is almost done....:p

DSC00507.JPG

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

DSC00513.JPG

and more pics.... HELOC - REBUILD

why did you use pressure treated lumber for the roof, topplate, etc? No need to above the base structure. Also, no sheething to connect the base structure to the walls? You might get some water in there...
Lastly, I think thats the first time I've ever seen a 4x4 used as a top plate. lol

Looks good though, thus far.

a few current pics as of today...

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00544.JPG

DSC00546.JPG

DSC00548.JPG

and my lawn ornament needs a drivers door, 71-76 preferred...non 2+2. ;)
so bring one to me and I'll supply some cash for ya. :D

DSC00559.JPG

and when it was too hot to work out side or raining.....we striped one of the bedrooms completely, and we are also tinkering with this....

DSC00538_001.JPG

and it cranked up yesterday and sounded good...still got to fab up the rad, and check for leaks...it might be on the road sat.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

if you ever find you don't have enough projects going on at once let me know, I have about a dozen or so myself

Dude, if ya wanted framing options for your shed you should have asked.

Bob is right. 1st. Only place u need pressure treated anything is when it lands on concrete. 2nd. 2x6 double top plate, single 2x6 bottom plate, double 2x for plywood breaks. 3rd.The ridge is usuall where ur stick frame is landing, not exactly where the rafters are butting. 4th. U might want to frame out ur gable ends for sheating and backing and such. .

If ya asked me, I could have easily saved ya a few bucks on lumber and time.

Otherwise, looks good, square, and plumb and definitely can handle a car.

if that thing is on the road when im on my way back up, we're going to run.

i just dont want you to be dissapointed ;)

also, the shed looks great. more like a mansion, than a shed though.

This shed could have been used as an in-law appt if need be. Don't think I have any "finished" pictures of it though - my mother moved from this house few years back...

The infamous: TYPE-RRRRRRRRR Shed!

IMAGE003.JPG

NA to break in and to pass emmissions....

The shed is 97.8% done.... just got to cap the walls off on the long sides and done...I already built a TireRack.com in it yesterday, and got most of the stuff moved in...later on I'll build a loft for more storage and stuff, then run electricity out there and plumb up an air system for the garage and the new shed.

The walkway is 90% done...just need about 20 more pavers, relevel a few areas that sunk, and start cuttin stones to fill in the bigger angles.

CRX is RUNNING....but still has a pesky oil leak....and needs a little more work.

As soon as I get this one little quirk with the landscapers from last year cleared up...then I can pull the other contractors in and get the rest of the house done. One more week, and a major clean-up...a few projects will actually be completed. :)

DSC00563.JPG

DSC00565.JPG

DSC00566.JPG

DSC00568.JPG

DSC00571.JPG

DSC00572.JPG

DSC00575.JPG

It's going to be awesome next year for motorsports....I still got to buy a truck and a trailer, but thats what the income tax return is for...hehe.

I back the truck up to the shed, toss tires, wheels, and track boxes into it, then back up to the trailer with a car on it, hook up...and go. Get back...drop of trailer in driveway, unload car, unhook trailer, back up to the shed, unload the old tires and tools...and chug a beer and pass out. Its going to be a long winter prepping the cars still...but I have more room in the garage to do the work.:D

Back