House rebuild thread #23569903

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im so glad the crx is running. its the car you had when i metcha, and its the car youre going to be buried in :lol:

the house will get completely stripped on the outside, roof and old siding, then insulated, and sided with normal siding, and new shingles, a new gutter system, new windows.....then they will just side the garage and the shed at the same time as well...the estimate was $21,500...with out the windows. I got a guy from work that will do the windows for $280 a pop using the top of the line window. I will do the two remaining doors and locks myself....and then thats it for the exterior.

From what I spent already and all of that listed ...it's taking about $45K's....and I got $67+K's to play with. Still got to design and build up the kitchen, two bedrooms, and play a little with the basement....and what ever is left over will go for a deck. If I can get all this done before the leaves fall...I'll be one happy mofo. Get it re-appraised when the folliage is the prettiest...and refi the next day. Sadly...with all this said and done...I will only be in the hole for this house for $200K's...and refied with a 30 year loan...payments with the homeowners insurance, and prop taxes on it...will still be what I pay right now....$1469.00 a month. Very affordable....and it will be comfertable to live in.

And I only have $26Ks that I owe for student loans... $131Ks, for the current mortgage, and I've only used up $18Ks for the projects and other BS....current debt $175,000 as of today.

And I only have $26Ks that I owe for student loans... $131Ks, for the current mortgage, and I've only used up $18Ks for the projects and other BS....current debt $175,000 as of today.

there are some fun net worth caculators out there. If you ever get the chance google them fun to play with. found out I'm worth about 20-25k overall.

Back