Housing Costs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can understand what youre saying about cincinnati because I used to live like 10 minutes outside the city. Its gone downhill real fast over the last couple years.

FYI- If anyone is planning on coming to cincinnati these are the areas to stear clear of: Over the Rhine, Clifton(some good parts but mostly bad), Price Hill, and def stay away from Mt. Echo park at night(LOTS of gang activity).

Well here are the areas to stay away from in Newark at night. Actually if you don't know it, stay far far away at night.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jul 15 2005, 11:55 AM
Well here are the areas to stay away from in Newark at night. Actually if you don't know it, stay far far away at night.
[post=526681]Quoted post[/post]​

Is Newark really like that scene out of Harold and Kumar where they go to newark and see the people just get jumped by dudes with baseball bats?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jul 15 2005, 12:02 PM
I've seen it happen. Not on that particular street but yes it does happen often.
[post=526686]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, thats crazy. In O.T.R. there was this white chick that went there by herself, at night, to buy drugs(dumb bitch). Needless to say, she got jacked and pistol whipped. She lives in the suburbs of northern KY, lol.

WARNING THREAD JACK IN PROGRESS

My first experience in Newark:

My friend went to his uncle's Irish funeral. His other uncle showed up, threatening to kill himself with a handgun. My friend takes the gun, knocks him out, hides the gun in his car.

This is where it gets good. It's full of hollowpoints. 9 rounds. Each Hollowpoint possession in NJ is 5 years time. He gets pulled over on his way out of state, Bullets in the car, unregistered handgun.

So I have to pick up my friend and post $10,000 bail. I'm told to go to Newark Jailhouse, and be no later than 7:00 am. I bring muscle.

Muscle is a 320lbs ex-soldier with a berzerk condition. 320 lbs of purebred Austrian ox. We arrive at 6:50 am.

Upon approaching the rear loading dock, He is allowed in to wait - I am told to wait outside, not in the car (Waiting alongside the car)

He winds up walking out of processing at 2:00 am THE NEXT FUCKING DAY. I had to walk across the street to the hotdog truck to eat, I was on camera, I couldn't wait in the car, and I had to be visible from the front desk... waiting on the sidewalk with some of the nastiest gangsters EVER waiting to get their homies out.

I sped out of that town at 2:00 am so goddam quick, after pushing down 2 thugs wanting cigarettes and 1 wanting my wallet and car. The other guys out there, surrounding me and cracking their knuckles were only stopped when a cop came out and said "Guys, I don't want you giving this kid trouble, I'm right in here and I'm watching you"

And he would disappear, then appear on the PA system "HEY I said back off" and they would back off.. slightly.

I hate Newark. But I love Taylor Ham sandwiches.

Damn man, I bet you were scared shitless, I know I woulda been.

Never really been by myself in cinci at night, but the last time I was down there was a long time ago(5-6 years) and it was a pretty fucked up expirience. Was at a babysitters house in hawaian terrace and this dude was selling soda to make money all the while gettin chased by the cops for reasons unknown to me.

The front door to the complex was busted out, stunk of weed, drug deals in the hallways and just shitty ass people.

I'm glad I was young when I was there or else I prolly would have gotten fucked up on several occasions(I was basically the only white guy in the entire neighborhood).

Essex County Jailhouse...2nd worse County Jail in NJ. You can't even walk around there without some kind of trouble.

dang those stories remind me of boyz in da hood. i dont know how bad oak park sacramento is compared to there, but there are two rules there. absolutely no rims on your car, unless you want to give it away. and wearing lots of red or blue means ure a target.

my cousin used to live down there and we'd go visit for a week or so. on their roof messing around and then saw a gang shoot out. the guns arent as loud as in the movies and it doesnt last that long. but did see someone get shot dead.... worst memory of sac ever.

anyway, back on track. damn thought where i was living pretty expensive. i think its around 450k for 1900 sq. ft. with 3 beds and 2 baths.

fucking bay area people...... moving up here or buying homes for summer homes.. redding, ca is pretty bad ass place to live if you like the outdoors. snowboarding is about 45 min drive. ocean is about 2hr drive. 2 lakes within 10 minutes. awesome bass and cat fishing. lots of places to unload guns because everyone hunts here and its the biggest city with a pop of 75k for about 160 miles so dont have to worry that much about hitting someone. summer time sucks though. shit load of people go to the lake and its always pack. 110 F heat and people are all out on the lake getting drunk and dying.

oh well.. too bad its in california.. >=( Fucking state is prosposing to cut cal grant for college students and increase fees again.

i think that 10k sq ft was a typo. shit here in San diego that shit would be worth like 4 or 5 mil if it looks nice.

Originally posted by senate_9427+Jul 17 2005, 04:38 AM-->
i think that 10k sq ft was a typo. shit here in San diego that shit would be worth like 4 or 5 mil if it looks nice.
[post=527452]Quoted post[/post]​

sleepn_accord
@Jul 14 2005, 03:21 PM
sorry, should've clarified. The property is 10000, living space is about 2000
[post=526168]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Battle Pope
Newark...as in Newark, NJ?

I haven't been there in a awhile but I haven't really heard anything too bad about it until now.
[post=526653]Quoted post[/post]​

Newark or Ohio?

If you meant Newark, how in the hell could you not hear about it being bad?

Newark WAS one of the worst towns in America. Its gotten better now simply because its going to one day become the new Manhattan, where rich people are overlooking the otherside of the bay in Newark from million dollar houses. Newark still has its chain fences, ghettos, and projects though and isn't too friendly if you're a white bred boy walking down the street.

Originally posted by Celerity+Jul 15 2005, 11:42 AM-->
Prolly a matter of perception,

I was a skinny white boy with long, flowing red hair when last I visited Newark.

-> S
[post=526669]Quoted post[/post]​

Ha, I didn't even read this part yet but yeah if you're not a minority in Newark you're pretty much fucked.

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Jul 15 2005, 11:59 AM
92civicb18b1
@Jul 15 2005, 11:55 AM
[post=526681]Quoted post[/post]​

Is Newark really like that scene out of Harold and Kumar where they go to newark and see the people just get jumped by dudes with baseball bats?
[post=526684]Quoted post[/post]​

There's signs up in Newark that inform you at night if there's a red light, to yield and to drive through.

Why? So you don't get car jacked.

i meant ohio.

Just about every other Newark in the country has nothing on Newark, NJ.

I live 15 mins from Newark.

And Newark is still pretty damn bad, I would never even walk through a good neighborhood of Newark after 1 AM, at least not alone.

Newark has been a shithole for a LONG time. My grandmother was born and raised in Newark, my father was born and raised in Newark, my aunts were born and raised in Newark. And from their's and my current perception...it still is a shithole.

I've never seen em. I just yield them anyway but never actually seen them IN NEWARK. They really are in Irvington and Maplewood though.

Speaking of signs, they posted a bunch of "Tailgate The Vehicle In Front Of You" signs in Staten Island a few months ago, they lasted a week because of the sudden increase in accidents.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jul 17 2005, 12:59 PM-->
Originally posted by senate_9427@Jul 17 2005, 04:38 AM
[post=527452]Quoted post[/post]​

sleepn_accord
@Jul 14 2005, 03:21 PM
sorry, should've clarified. The property is 10000, living space is about 2000
[post=526168]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=527536]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry my blind ass missed that. :ph34r:

Back