How 2 ship a vehicle title . . . .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Hey all,

So, my car sold on eghey last week to a buyer that needs to have it shipped to their location.

Here is my question:

How should I go about sending them the title to the vehicle? I was planning on signing the title and putting it in the car's glovebox when I drop it off at the shipping company. This way, there would be no timing difference between the buyer's receipt of the car & receipt of the title.

What would you all suggest??

thx in adv.

i wouldn't ship it with the car either...
fed ex envelope. send it the same day the shipping company picks up the car, and send it overnight or 2 day.

:withstupid:

if its signed in the glove box anyone who has the car basically owns the car

so if the car gets stolen in transit they have a title signed by you... basically they just "bought" your car... and there isnt shit you can do about it because they have the title

send the title to them directly

:withstupid:

if its signed in the glove box anyone who has the car basically owns the car

so if the car gets stolen in transit they have a title signed by you... basically they just "bought" your car... and there isnt shit you can do about it because they have the title

send the title to them directly

Makes sense. Question tho - if the buyer places insurance on the shipment of the vehicle, and it is lost, then the situation is out of my hands right?

Ill probably mail it down when the car is picked up, return receipt requested. . . but i would rather send it with the vehicle for convenience sake . .

certified return receipt with delivery confirmation/tracking

PUt it in the mail a day or two before it gets shipped. How long does it take to ship and how long does it take to mail things to that area?

PUt it in the mail a day or two before it gets shipped. How long does it take to ship and how long does it take to mail things to that area?

Shipping will pry be a week or so for the car.

Makes sense. Question tho - if the buyer places insurance on the shipment of the vehicle, and it is lost, then the situation is out of my hands right?

Ill probably mail it down when the car is picked up, return receipt requested. . . but i would rather send it with the vehicle for convenience sake . .

Wrong.

He insured the shipment of the vehicle, not your title of the vehicle.

The shitith would hittith the fanith if something were to happen to the title and it was your responsibility to get the title to the buyer. So honestly, for "convenience sake" is really for "lazy sake" because its a definite inconvenience if the shipping company messes up.

I still have a claim open with FedEx where they owe me a few hundred bucks from about 5-6months ago. Thats convenient, right?

20 bucks on a saver envelope, or out 8k on a car that got "lost"? your choice dude. lol

Im not trying to do more work here/spend more money than i have to. . .

Hmmm, sending a title certified mail by the USPS.

Cost? $2.

Wow, a $2 investment to insure that you protect a $8,000 piece of paper.

Thats a shitty investment!

You can't be that cheap that you could possibly think that its a good idea to put the title in the car to save a few dollars. When I say a few dollars, I mean literally a few dollars.

go to the post office and get a delivery receipt envelope for like $2-5
put the title in there
send it

done

worst case scenerio if the title is NOT in the car and it gets lost, you file for a duplicate, buyer gets pissed cause they have to wait a week or 2 for a new title to come in...

worst case scenerio for the title being in the glovebox signed...
car and title fall off the train/truck and disappear into thin air
buyer flies to NJ to kill you in your sleep

20 bucks on a saver envelope, or out 8k on a car that got "lost"? your choice dude. lol

worst case scenerio if the title is NOT in the car and it gets lost, you file for a duplicate, buyer gets pissed cause they have to wait a week or 2 for a new title to come in...

worst case scenerio for the title being in the glovebox signed...
car and title fall off the train/truck and disappear into thin air
buyer flies to NJ to kill you in your sleep

haha ok ok the title is going down in the mail. :)

Are you sure the check cleared?

Back