how bad is it when your exhaust cam is 180 off???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
just got my timing belt and tensioner replaced, yeaterday was cold car is idling and suddenly quits. my wife says she thinks the battery is dead cuz it "cranks funny". (zero compression will do that)

today was a little warmer so I checked the timing and my exhaust cam is a little over 180 degrees off. with the crank at TDC the "up" arrow is pointed directly at the crank pulley bolt.

what I need to know is my engine zero interference?? is it FUBAR? I'm going to bring it back to the shop because the work is warrantied, I'm very worried about collateral damage at this point.

my b16 did the same thing......4 times while driving. Once at 50mph. I was lucky. Check you head an make sure the caps arent overtightened. i sold my car so i never found out what was causing this.

noone went under the valve cover if they replaced the timing belt and tensioner.

definately have that work checked out. are you a competent mechanic? why have a shop do it when you could do it yourself for cheap.

the first time it happened to me was due to the water pump seizing. After i fixed that i dont know what the hell was going on. Try the pump and tensioner. make sure everything spins freely

noone went under the valve cover if they replaced the timing belt and tensioner.

definately have that work checked out. are you a competent mechanic? why have a shop do it when you could do it yourself for cheap.

I had the shop do it because I couldnt get the crank pulley off. The guy is ASE certified master technician and warranties his work so I thought I would be OK, dont know if any other damage is covered from the T/belt slipping though.

I'm a fairly decent mech. when I have a place to work and the proper tools, was a diesel mech. in the army 63TH8 MOS.

starting jan. 14th I start high performance engine machining program at the tech school here in bemidji, wanted to get a new engine from Hmotors and rebuild this one but am pretty sick of hondas at the moment (at least the ones I can afford!)

I got it towed in today (AAA FTW) and should be hearing something tomorrow.

Back