How big can i bored

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic707

i have a gsr and i am thinking of bigger piston.
How big do u think i should overbored without changing the sleeves and how much compression

You can[b/] bore to 84 mm but the sleeves are gonna be pretty damn thin, I would reccomend about 82mm like 97CTR said.

It also depends on what you're doing, if it's going to be a relatively stock motor where you're not beating on it all the time, 84 is reasonable and will work fine. If your going FI, I wouldn't go over 82 on stock sleeves.

It's early and if I said something stupid and wrong just ignore it.

I would go 81.5......seen some good graphs with 81.5mm

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 13 2004, 08:08 AM
You can bore to 84 mm but the sleeves are gonna be pretty damn thin, I would reccomend about 82mm like 97CTR said.

It also depends on what you're doing, if it's going to be a relatively stock motor where you're not beating on it all the time, 84 is reasonable and will work fine. If your going FI, I wouldn't go over 82 on stock sleeves.

It's early and if I said something stupid and wrong just ignore it.
[post=402061]Quoted post[/post]​

I wouldn't bore an 81mm block to 84mm unless you just plan on using it as a wall decoration.

werd ... depends on what your setup is compression, depends wether your going na boosted or nitrous ....... as far as bore'n it if your going turbo you might as well bore and sleeve it if your going all motor id bore it 81 and be safe

Originally posted by sohcbuilder@Oct 13 2004, 03:03 PM
werd ... depends on what your setup is compression, depends wether your going na boosted or nitrous ....... as far as bore'n it if your going turbo you might as well bore and sleeve it if your going all motor id bore it 81 and be safe
[post=402232]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be called not boring the block at all. :lol:

Back