How big is to big?(muffler)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 92 civic hatch with a DC Sports axleback, but when I got it I thought the tip was to big. It's 4 in. What would be a good muffler to replace it? And what is the difference from a fartcan and a regular performance muffler?

This is close to what my muffler looks like.

racinglab_1924_239953609

i would keep what you have if its a dc sport a ebay fart can are crap there not made near as good.

I think he just doesn't like the tip. You can get exhaust systems out there with smaller tips- but 3" is about as small as they come.

As far as the difference between a "fart can" and a true performance exhaust, sometimes there really isn't much difference at the muffler. The bends, diameter, and use of resonators are really what make the difference- sometimes the mufflers are identical.

It was the tip I was talking about. I'm planning to get a cat for the exhaust to tone it down some, but I just thought the tip looked a little big.

So would the 4 inch tip look bad on a hatch? (it may be a little bigger than 4 inches)
You can just tell me what you think.

It was the tip I was talking about. I'm planning to get a cat for the exhaust to tone it down some, but I just thought the tip looked a little big.

So would the 4 inch tip look bad on a hatch? (it may be a little bigger than 4 inches)
You can just tell me what you think.

4 inch tip isn't bad at all. I know it look big when you are looking at it but once it is on your car you'll love it. My brother have a 3 inch megaflow (OEM look-a-like) muffler that have a four inch tip and it look just perfect. But then again, everybody have their own taste.

i had a thermal with a 4inch, it was pretty big looking. Didnt look right in proportion to the rest of the car. Now i have an RSR with a 3-ish inch tip, much better.

Rsr exmag, apexi ws, tanabe medallion touring are probably your best bets.

i had a thermal with a 4inch, it was pretty big looking. Didnt look right in proportion to the rest of the car. Now i have an RSR with a 3-ish inch tip, much better.

Rsr exmag, apexi ws, tanabe medallion touring are probably your best bets.

I have a thermal exhaust too. Not sure which thermal you got but my is the 3 inch catback. So there is no reason to have my tip smaller.

And yes! Rsr exmag, apexi ws, tanabe medallion touring is the way to go if you are going N/A.

Back