How 'bout them...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the mets need to end themselves. nuff said.

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 25 2003, 08:40 AM
Gary Carter > Mookie Wilson :D

You've gotta specify the year(s) in question before making a statement like that. :)

Mookie was an average fielder, and a horrible offensive weapon. I think my grandmother can spit her false teeth farther than he could hit the long ball.......

Yeah, but as soon as Gary Carter got out of his twenties, it was all downhill. He couldn't hit, and his stuff behind the plate was average at best.

Sounds alot like Ken Griffey Jr........

and not to change the subject, but has anyone noticed the power decrease in players now that the MLBPA has allowed the test random drud testing? Bonds, even though he has missed some time, has come back down to earth. Amazing huh?

Barry: Yall think I am doing steroids, we'll then test me
press: ok Barry, heres your cup, there the bathroom
Barry:umm.....sorry guys, I have to go to a pressing engagement......

Barry's records are ALL tainted and this further proves it. You don't go from a guy with the size and bulk of David Eckstein to a guy the size and bulk of Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa by just lifting...sorry.......

I agree completely, but I talk to alot of west coast people that say, you don't know him, hes just misunderstood......

Yeah, so wasn't Jeffrey Dahmer....

alot of left coasters think that the media is out to get him..gimme a break, they have no idea what medai scrutiny is. They thought it was bad when he was chasing the record? Thats EVERY DAY in New York and Boston for ANY sport......

Exactly. The media on the East Coast (especially Boston and NY) seem to be almost anti-(insert sport team here). They want to do everything they can to devalue and disrepute any athlete or team.

Bonds misunderstood? Yeah right. :D

I'd like to see the red sox do somethin, hell I'd liek to see the mets actually win something for once, just to show that you don't need a $$$$$ pay role like the yankees team to win.

Yeah yeah, everyone bags on the Yankees for having a high payroll, but the fact of the matter is, like I mentioned above, the reason they have a high payroll is that they've shown they can win WITHOUT it. They can support the high payroll. The reason the Mets have a shitty payroll and a shitty team is that they never DO anything.

thank you for that random post jeef, you have contributed much to this thread :)

and Ill say it again,

The mets need to end themselves NOW :)

yes i know, but were all in a deep discussion (riiiiiiiiight) and jeef posts up a date. i found it funny :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 25 2003, 05:25 PM
Yeah yeah, everyone bags on the Yankees for having a high payroll, but the fact of the matter is, like I mentioned above, the reason they have a high payroll is that they've shown they can win WITHOUT it. They can support the high payroll. The reason the Mets have a shitty payroll and a shitty team is that they never DO anything.

The Mets year after year are also one of the top payroll teams in and out, as well as the Sox, but what does that have to do with The Yankees and spending nearly twice as much money as everyone else?

The REAL reason why they can support the payroll is becuase they have the most money out of all major league teams. The Yankees own the Yes network in the largest media capital in the world. New York has 3 times as many people as Boston, who can support the team. The Yankees spend that much money to keep the good players away from thier main competition, the Red Sox and the Mets. This has been known for many years, and NOT because of the fact that they can win without it. Believe me, the Yankees are NO Oakland Athletics, Montreal Expos, or Minnesota twins, Teams that spend 1/6th of what the Yankees do and still field competetive teams year in and year out.

The biggest prime example is what happened with Jose Contreras this offseason. Reports in the New York Times has suggested that Steinbrenner told Cashman to do whatever it takes to keep Contreras away from the Red Sox, because he knew (or thought based on the way Contreras had pitched in the past) that he would instantly make the Red Sox that much tougher.

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 25 2003, 01:58 PM
yes i know, but were all in a deep discussion (riiiiiiiiight) and jeef posts up a date. i found it funny :)

I don't know shit about baseball except that 1918 was the last time they won the series. I say it all the time to piss off RedSox fans.

Originally posted by Jeef+Sep 25 2003, 07:43 PM-->
@Sep 25 2003, 01:58 PM

I don't know shit about baseball except that 1918 was the last time they won the series. I say it all the time to piss off RedSox fans.

funny thing is, it doesn't even faze 90% of the red sox fans out there. We have learned to live with the 1918 chant......its nothing new......

Come back when you have actually had a thought pop into your cavity of a head that is worth of contributing this post.......

thank you, please drive thru.....

:D

jeef = :owned:

Just like the side of quicksi's car was when jeef threw an egg.

Back