How can I build the most powerful D16z6 motor with torbo and nos

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted post[/post]]
Why don't both of you either shut up or offer some help? This isn't Honda-Tech.

If you're serious, dude. You need to do a lot of research, you need books, and you need to study what the pro's do to make serious power.
First need to know if swaping to a B16A3 will plug to my harness i know i have to have a shift linkage. Or should just stay with the D-series engine and not worry about the problems there are with swapping. Alls I want to do get the most i can out of the engine thats in there. I want to stay away from swapping if at all possible

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

If you're serious, dude. You need to do a lot of research, you need books, and you need to study what the pro's do to make serious power.
First need to know if swaping to a B16A3 will plug to my harness i know i have to have a shift linkage. Or should just stay with the D-series engine and not worry about the problems there are with swapping. Alls I want to do get the most i can out of the engine thats in there. I want to stay away from swapping if at all possible
You should be punched im the eardrum over and over.
You obviously don't know what you're doing, so how can you come on here, and tell us what will work, or what won't work?
k20 can be swapped into a 95, quit being naive.
If you find an obd1 b16a3, it will plug right in to everything, and you will need the b series shiftlinkage... but not from the del sol. 94+ integra will work.
Sure, you can stay with the D series engine, but pound for pound a dollar for dollar, it'd be better to start off on a better platform. (b16 GSR etc) .... and don't granny shift it either, double clutch it ok mate!
oi.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You obviously don't know what you're doing, so how can you come on here, and tell us what will work, or what won't work?
If you find an obd1 b16a3, it will plug right in to everything, and you will need the b series shiftlinkage... but not from the del sol. 94+ integra will work.
Sure, you can stay with the D series engine, but pound for pound a dollar for dollar, it'd be better to start off on a better platform. (b16 GSR etc) .... and don't granny shift it either, double clutch it ok mate!
oi.
I'm not saying what will work and what won't, I have never heared of a K-series being put in to a 95, I am just starting out and I didn't come here to be made fun of I came here for help alls I want is if I deside to do a swap I want to do one that I won't have to cut in to the car

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

oi.
I'm not saying what will work and what won't, I have never heared of a K-series being put in to a 95, I am just starting out and I didn't come here to be made fun of I came here for help alls I want is if I deside to do a swap I want to do one that I won't have to cut in to the car
How much would it cost to do a B16A3 swap
And I need a complete list of what I need to do it right in a 1995 Honda Civic EX Sedan and if the ECU has to be reprogrammed.
But I'm thingin I'm going to stick with the D16Z6 because I heard there not bad little engines to build up

If you pinch pennies, you can get a complete GSR swap for $3k. Complete, In the car, and going down the road.

180k is way too much for a civic though. If you are really that loaded, drop the civic bullshit and go buy a real performance car. Dont dump craploads of money into an economy car. Go buy a supra and make 1500 HP. thats totally doable on 180k.

Hell, for that much I could have my weed eater pushing 900 hp on 32cc.

But I call this:

You do not have 180k to dump into a civic. You might have that much money from some inheritance/lawsuit/trust/whatever, but that is not your civic budget, so give us some real numbers to play with.

You want to spend 1k? 2k? 5k? If you really want to piss away 10k, we can certainly tell you how to do it and make retarded amounts of power while doing so, but I would HIGHLY reccomend NOT dumping 10k into a 3k car. Its a total waste of $$$$.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you pinch pennies, you can get a complete GSR swap for $3k. Complete, In the car, and going down the road.

180k is way too much for a civic though. If you are really that loaded, drop the civic bullshit and go buy a real performance car. Dont dump craploads of money into an economy car. Go buy a supra and make 1500 HP. thats totally doable on 180k.

But I call this:

You do not have 180k to dump into a civic. You might have that much money from some inheritance/lawsuit/trust/whatever, but that is not your civic budget, so give us some real numbers to play with.

You want to spend 1k? 2k? 5k? If you really want to piss away 10k, we can certainly tell you how to do it and make retarded amounts of power while doing so, but I would HIGHLY reccomend NOT dumping 10k into a 3k car. Its a total waste of $$$$.
I know but I don't plan on dumping the 180K in to the car I just want a good engine whith a turbo and may be the spray. Sure I want it to be fast but I looking to race some times not all the time
I'm thinking of staying with the D16Z6
Cuz its not gining to be a race car if it was i would get a supra or a higher end Honda
But realy alls I want to do is get the max power out of the motor thats there alrealy I cant see swapping, it soulds like alot of work if i was going to do that would go buy a car that already had a B-series engine in it
I not putting any one down for wanting to do it I'm just saying it sounds very hard to find what parts will work I would rather build the engine thats in there up and still have it fit but I don't know thats why i need a list of parts i would need to put one in if i did do a swap

Quoted post[/post]]
But realy alls I want to do is get the max power out of the motor thats there alrealy I cant see swapping, it soulds like alot of work if i was going to do that would go buy a car that already had a B-series engine in it
I not putting any one down for wanting to do it I'm just saying it sounds very hard to find what parts will work I would rather build the engine thats in there up and still have it fit but I don't know thats why i need a list of parts i would need to put one in if i did do a swap

You need to visit the tech section of these forums. Swaps are easy. Especially a b into an EG. Pull a few bolts, unplug a few things. Pull motor, install new motor, bolt it back up, plug it back in, change the ECU, swap the linkage (a few bolts and one bitch pin that you will have to scream and curse and bleed for) and you're done. Honestly, the worst part of a swap is that fucking pin.

Everthing else is a breeze.

And you need to work on conveying things a little more clearly. Your thoughts are jumbled and aren't making it through your fingers and onto this board in a clear understandable manner. Not "dissing" you or trying to put you down, but alot of people will turn a blind eye to someone who sounds unintelligent.

So, what we need from you is this:

How much do you want to spend on your civic?

How much power are you looking to get?

If you have no idea how much power, What times would you like to get in the quarter mile?

Those questions need to be answered before we can give you any idea as to what you are looking for swap/parts/performance wise.

Ok.... answer these before ANYONE can realistically help you.

1. What's your budget
2. What's your power goal- give us a number!
3. What kind of racing do you want to do- drag, autocross, road course, highway pulls?

Based on what you've said already, I'm going to assume that you want to just street race- which would mostly consist of stoplight drags and highway pulls up through 100mph or something like that. You don't want to drop an inordinate amount of money in the car because you said you would just buy something more expensive if you wanted to go crazy, so you don't want to spend TOO much on this project. You don't want to swap if at all possible, so we'll stay away from price ranges that would include both a B swap and a turbo together.

Easy solution:

Buy a Greddy turbo kit, install
Get Crome or Uberdata to tune, then take it to a competent shop to have them get it all running / tuned properly on a dyno.

On stock internals, you could easily make 200-220whp and 180-200wtq on pump gas if your tuner knows what you're doing, and that will be plenty to put some pretty big smiles on your face for $4000 or less.

You can go cheaper if you piece your own turbo kit together, and you can go more expensive for even more power if you resleeve the engine and add forged pistons/rods and then go with a big balls out turbo setup (again, gathering the parts yourself after much research).

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok.... answer these before ANYONE can realistically help you.

1. What's your budget
2. What's your power goal- give us a number!
3. What kind of racing do you want to do- drag, autocross, road course, highway pulls?

Based on what you've said already, I'm going to assume that you want to just street race- which would mostly consist of stoplight drags and highway pulls up through 100mph or something like that. You don't want to drop an inordinate amount of money in the car because you said you would just buy something more expensive if you wanted to go crazy, so you don't want to spend TOO much on this project. You don't want to swap if at all possible, so we'll stay away from price ranges that would include both a B swap and a turbo together.

Easy solution:

Buy a Greddy turbo kit, install
Get Crome or Uberdata to tune, then take it to a competent shop to have them get it all running / tuned properly on a dyno.

On stock internals, you could easily make 200-220whp and 180-200wtq on pump gas if your tuner knows what you're doing, and that will be plenty to put some pretty big smiles on your face for $4000 or less.

You can go cheaper if you piece your own turbo kit together, and you can go more expensive for even more power if you resleeve the engine and add forged pistons/rods and then go with a big balls out turbo setup (again, gathering the parts yourself after much research).
I think I want to stay with the D16Z6 engine and beef the engine up as much has possible with a Torbo and maybe Nitrous becouse I think the engine thats in the car is ok for a sohc. I'm not looking for the car to be a 7 second car Maybe 12-14 second 1/4 mile. I was thinking of about 400 to 500hp or more if possible. I'm think of road course racing.
I have about 180K but I don't think it is going to cost that much to do this mabe around 25k to 30K or a little more.

Anything else beside Torbo?
I have heard turboing a B16 would not be good, that D16 was better

Quoted post[/post]]

But I call this:

All I have to do is call up the investment company and tell them how much I need and I can have my money in about a week so no you didn't call it. Oh and by the way why'll we're on the subject it's none of your business where my money came from, I can get it any time i want to and do with it what I will. and the money is worth ahell alot more now then when I got so back off
If only you Knew half of what you think you know.

Quoted post[/post]]
If only you Knew half of what you think you know.
Big words from a future D Series Assassin.// :confused:

No one here truthfully CARES about how much money you have, and seeing as you are ok with dropping $25k into your civic, for $25k, i will fly to where you live, pick up your car, get your car making 501hp within 2 weeks and I'll hand deliver it to you.
It's not better to turbo the D series instead of the B series if you don't know what you're doing.
It's like saying "Well, i heard hittin it from the back works good" ... it sure does, but 3 inches won't do the job

Quoted post[/post]]
I think I want to stay with the D16Z6 engine and beef the engine up as much has possible with a Torbo and maybe Nitrous becouse I think the engine thats in the car is ok for a sohc. I'm not looking for the car to be a 7 second car Maybe 12-14 second 1/4 mile. I was thinking of about 400 to 500hp or more if possible. I'm think of road course racing.
I have about 180K but I don't think it is going to cost that much to do this mabe around 25k to 30K or a little more.

Nitrous is mostly pointless for a road course car, unless you have a really elaborate progressive ramp up on the spray, and then you would have to carry quite a bit in the car to make it useful running 10-20 laps on a track. The power curves you'll want for road course are completely different from what you would like to see for a drag car. 400-500whp on a D16 is a bit unrealistic, even after building it up. The B16 is an excellent candidate for a turbocharged setup- better than the D16. It just has the disadvantage of the initial cost from the swap, especially when you already have the D16 in your car.

12-14 second quarter miles are pretty easy to get to, and you don't need anywhere near 400-500hp to do it. You can get into the 13s with a turbocharged D16Z6 with all stock internals if you tune it well.

If you're willing to spend 25-30k, drop in a K20, build the hell out of it, then turbo the hell out of it. That's more than enough money.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Nitrous is mostly pointless for a road course car, unless you have a really elaborate progressive ramp up on the spray, and then you would have to carry quite a bit in the car to make it useful running 10-20 laps on a track. The power curves you'll want for road course are completely different from what you would like to see for a drag car. 400-500whp on a D16 is a bit unrealistic, even after building it up. The B16 is an excellent candidate for a turbocharged setup- better than the D16. It just has the disadvantage of the initial cost from the swap, especially when you already have the D16 in your car.

12-14 second quarter miles are pretty easy to get to, and you don't need anywhere near 400-500hp to do it. You can get into the 13s with a turbocharged D16Z6 with all stock internals if you tune it well.

If you're willing to spend 25-30k, drop in a K20, build the hell out of it, then turbo the hell out of it. That's more than enough money.
Yes realize alot of these things but I trying to keep every thing else on the car like the inside and engine bay the same I don't want to do a lot changing around. I still haven't made my mind up about Keeping the D16Z6 or swapping to B16A3 or will the D16Z6 deliver what I'm asking becuase I don't think D16Z6 engines are not bad for being a SOHC if all things were concidered I just want to know what I need to get start moding the D16Z6 becouse like I said earlier I want to avoid swapping

Can you use a stage three raceing cam on a turbo or do need to run a turbo cam?

Quoted post[/post]]
Actually Cal, there are more than a handful of 400whp SOHC motors on D-Series.org nowadays.

Here's the catch to a 400whp street Civic, traction. You punch it and the cheerleader in the Metro, who isn't even racing you, will beat you to the next light as you spin your front tires all the way to the end of third gear. Like Cal said, 200-220whp should be plenty to get a hatch near the 13 second mark.

I'm actually building a D16Z6, I'll be claying the motor later today. My power goal is 200whp with a Greddy turbo kit and the other goodies I've got.

Here's my current build for an example:
Comp Cams springs and retainers
Comp Cams 59300 cam
Skunk2 cam gear
P08 (JDM D15B VTEC) cylinder head
Head has been milled .0085"
Nippon Racing P28 pistons 75.5mm and Nippon Racing rings
75.5mm bore (.020"/.5mm over bore from stock)
Block has been decked .007"
Compression ratio will be 9.5:1 off-boost
'90 CRX Si transmission
Exedy stock clutch (for now, I'll upgrade when I get the turbo in a year or so)
Standard Flywheels 11.5lbs. flywheel
OEM Honda bearings, gaskets, seals, water pump, head gasket, and timing belt
ARP head studs
eBay Hondata intake manifold gasket
AEM intake (bought the CAI for $72 shipped, with "some brand of filter called K&N"...idiot)
DC 4-2-1 two piece header
Greddy SP catback exhaust

I should see some fairly nice power just from this setup so the turbo kit should easily put me where I want to be. I also plan on getting a street/strip port and polish, new valves, and a valve job in the future. What are your goals? You really need to answer those three questions before anyone can tell you what the best motor and build might be.
Will I think more along your lines
So what do you think you might get out of this setup
Its not a hatch it is a 4 door sedan EX
What about limited slip diff

Quoted post[/post]]
Out of the pre-boost setup, I'd be happy to put down 130whp. Maybe 10hp from the cam, 2-3hp from the compression, and 2-3hp from the bolt-ons. I plan on eventually building a hybrid transmission using a ZC case, Si 1-4, I need to lookup the 5th gear, ZC final drive, and possibly an OBX LSD...all cyrogenically dipped for added strength. But I still have a fair amount of research to do on the transmission. :)
Sounds good
Are you using a turbo cam?
Tell me something are superchargers better than turbochargers, on the D16Z6

if i had as much money as you do, i would prolly build an S2000 Accord.
Why, you say? I dunno, i've just always wanted to. However, that's neither here nor there.

if I were You, I'd look at a supercharged K20 or K24 build. Plenty of torque for daily driving, and FAST.

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Ki...ount%20EGK1.htm

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Ki...ount%20EKK1.htm

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30014

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30028

http://www.hondata.com/kproducts.html

http://www.boomslang.us/

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Axles.htm

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/rsxsc.html

and, I'm spent.

P.S.- What year is your car?

first off if you have 180k, with a fraction of that money i can build the fastest civic on the road. first off rebuild the frame/ reinforce it and convert it to AWD, put the civic body/ crx what ever the fuck your using. Then drop a V-8 motor in it (sleeve the motor and bore it out to the max) put a turbo on it for 5k and boost it to 35psi or more if you desire, the deal with the suspension and all of that shit... ok this car would basically be so fast and cover so much ground you can beat any car on the street in 1st gear, if you think im joking i know a guy who is doing this to a CRX i know all of the research he has done on this. if you think this is not possible you are also a dumbass it has already been done... this is the best way to go.. peace

Quoted post[/post]]
first off if you have 180k, with a fraction of that money i can build the fastest civic on the road. first off rebuild the frame/ reinforce it and convert it to AWD, put the civic body/ crx what ever the fuck your using. Then drop a V-8 motor in it (sleeve the motor and bore it out to the max) put a turbo on it for 5k and boost it to 35psi or more if you desire, the deal with the suspension and all of that shit... ok this car would basically be so fast and cover so much ground you can beat any car on the street in 1st gear, if you think im joking i know a guy who is doing this to a CRX i know all of the research he has done on this. if you think this is not possible you are also a dumbass it has already been done... this is the best way to go.. peace

WOW :mrgreen: What a fuckin tard, this shit needs to be locked

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

WOW :mrgreen: What a fuckin tard, this shit needs to be locked
LMFAO
(+1)

Quoted post[/post]]
if i had as much money as you do, i would prolly build an S2000 Accord.
Why, you say? I dunno, i've just always wanted to. However, that's neither here nor there.

if I were You, I'd look at a supercharged K20 or K24 build. Plenty of torque for daily driving, and FAST.

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Ki...ount%20EGK1.htm

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Ki...ount%20EKK1.htm

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30014

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30028

http://www.hondata.com/kproducts.html

http://www.boomslang.us/

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Axles.htm

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/rsxsc.html

and, I'm spent.

P.S.- What year is your car?
1995 Honda Civic Ex Sedan
D16Z6 SOHC 1.6L
The biggest Engine that came in those cars in 1995
I don't plan to swap
I want to know if anybody has put both a supercharger and turbocharger on these engines before.
I mean couldn't you put a clutch on the supercharger and when the engine reached a set RPM have supercarger turned off and let the turbo come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back