How can I build the most powerful D16z6 motor with torbo and nos

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted post[/post]]
Just a point, those of us in Cali don't have a choice but "be cool buying the brand name kit". Only the GReddy and Edelbrock kits are legal in Cali.
I want to get some power out of the engine but it is a daily driver and it will be a show car and I might race it every once in a while and I want it to be relaible too

Is that enough info for ya :dry:

turbo and reliable can go together.

Turbo reliable and drag really cant (not if you go as much as we go)

Turbo drag (rare) and show can be done, but good luck dude. You are talking in the 50k price range.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Just a point, those of us in Cali don't have a choice but "be cool buying the brand name kit". Only the GReddy and Edelbrock kits are legal in Cali.
I want to get some power out of the engine but it is a daily driver and it will be a show car and I might race it every once in a while and I want it to be relaible too

Is that enough info for ya :dry:

My bad, I should've quoted Phyre...that's who I was talking to with that.

I've given you my idea. GReddy or Edelbrock kits, both are show and go ready. I guarantee that the cheap home made turbo won't win you any style points at a car show and the 176whp that the Edelbrock delievers on a bone stock motor is plenty for your needs. Build the motor up and you'll get more power. Use a larger turbo and you'll get more power. Tune it with a stand-alone instead of the supplied fuel management unit (FMU) and you'll get more power. Put a proper exhaust on and you'll get more power. It all works together, man.

If you want reliable, you want a pre-packaged kit running modest boost on a mostly stock motor. You'll probably want to have someone qualified to do all of your work, too.
I more or less was going for show and go I didn't plan on racing anyways I'm sorry for the confusion I thought a fully souped up D16Z6 was still not very much power but maybe I was wrong.
I thought about swaping maybe to give it more style but I didn't know if it is needed or not
Plus I'm not sure what it would take

I was thinking of going for the turbonetics turbo kit for my car I was on there web site and they said I could 200HP with 8psi boost on just the stock engine and still be safe.

Can I get excellment preformance out of this car without swaping to b-series?
]Where I live I don't have to go in for tests so i'm pretty much free to do what I want to the car
Just give me some food for thought.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, you can get pretty good performance out of a D16Z6/Y8. Everybody swaps so leaving the D in there will get more attention.

Ok, here's what I'd do if I had a lot of money to spend on my car.
D16Z6
Sleeved to 76mm cylinder
Crower rods
Custom 10:1 pistons
Block guard
"Stage 2" port and polish
Crower Stage 2 turbo cam
Crower springs and retainers
Crower cam gear (just to match)
ACT clutch
Custom built tranny (I forgot the different tranny's you need but you can find it on D-Series.org)
All transmission gears cryo treated for extra strength
Fidanza axles
and a monster turbo setup of your choice.

You can get at least 350whp out of that setup, if not more. That'll turn more heads than a 350whp B-Series.
Ok let me do some research and I will get back to you

I think the thing that you need J2006, is BALANCE.before I go on, Investments are for a reason and you shouldn't blow that dough 'cause it was probally invested for a reason. But you have money and want to spend it. Back to what i was saying about balance is that obviously your goal is to have a streetable car that you can enjoy doing " car " type shit with. By this I mean show/drags like NOPI or something, hitting SOLO events in your area, and just driving the damn thing to work or the mall. Follow Blancos advice on your D series build, bolt on a street legal turbo kit and other little " do-dads" under the hood that will give you style points at the shows. Contrary to popular belief in the ricer world there are "mild classes" even at the smallest of shows. Your car will be making plenty enough power for a fun driving experience and it will be plenty reliable. Make the car look good, OEM or JDM it out. something klean that will attract the wanted attention you seek from people in the know rather then slapping on a shitty kit, huge wheels and bright paint that will get you a stripped ride,more money out of your " investment(s)" and no respect. Make the car function well, make it handle, make it stop, make it your car and not someone elses and you'll be happy with your new investment . Now that my after school special is over you are all free to stand up and shout " GO DO OPRAH.....GO DO OPRAH..... GO DO OPRAH "

Quoted post[/post]]
I think the thing that you need J2006, is BALANCE.before I go on, Investments are for a reason and you shouldn't blow that dough 'cause it was probally invested for a reason. But you have money and want to spend it. Back to what i was saying about balance is that obviously your goal is to have a streetable car that you can enjoy doing " car " type shit with. By this I mean show/drags like NOPI or something, hitting SOLO events in your area, and just driving the damn thing to work or the mall. Follow Blancos advice on your D series build, bolt on a street legal turbo kit and other little " do-dads" under the hood that will give you style points at the shows. Contrary to popular belief in the ricer world there are "mild classes" even at the smallest of shows. Your car will be making plenty enough power for a fun driving experience and it will be plenty reliable. Make the car look good, OEM or JDM it out. something klean that will attract the wanted attention you seek from people in the know rather then slapping on a shitty kit, huge wheels and bright paint that will get you a stripped ride,more money out of your " investment(s)" and no respect. Make the car function well, make it handle, make it stop, make it your car and not someone elses and you'll be happy with your new investment . Now that my after school special is over you are all free to stand up and shout " GO DO OPRAH.....GO DO OPRAH..... GO DO OPRAH "
Whch Engine management system should I go with?

This thread is awesome.

I really wish it was stickied, because there is lots of good info for turbo kits in California with CARB Numbers. It's such a shame to see this knowledge being flushed down the toilet with "Kid Quarter-Million"

I still don't see any answers for Reiko's question: What specifically is being seen out of this build ? There are no principles much less design and blueprinting for this project. Highway flier ? 1/4 mile car ? Nothing.

All I know is "I'm 18 and have a $180,000 budget and a Honda that seems better to keep a SOHC motor in it, and a free website to help me see my way" and that's nothing at all.

Unbelievable turbo information in here. I was contemplating a d16 turbo build myself and just got tons of information without even having to do any looking around at all. Thanks guys. Although I haven't seen a mention here for turbod16.com, which is another really good website, so I thought I'd add that one. A couple of 400 whp d16's in there, but a surprising number in between the 200 - 300 range. You're able to check out dyno sheets and get a breakdown on their setups. BTW, this is the funniest thread I've ever read in my life. Anyone got a setup on that 900 hp weed eater???????

yeah, this thread got old real fast cause the kid STILL hasnt told us what EXACTLY he wants to do. If this is a show car...a D16 shows like crap (no offense Wil, but your CRX would look a lot better if you chunked D16B for a GSR :))

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, this thread got old real fast cause the kid STILL hasnt told us what EXACTLY he wants to do. If this is a show car...a D16 shows like crap (no offense Wil, but your CRX would look a lot better if you chunked D16B for a GSR :))
Fuck you guys I already say it was going to be a show and go

It's stupid to swap

If I was going to race I wouldn't mess whit a honda I'd Go and get a Nissan Skyline

fuck us, ey. Did i force you to write torbo or nos

you did that all on your own buddy. guess how much clout you got here...a lil less than battle pope...JUST a LIL (Just kidding BP...NOTHIN BUT LOVE, YOU KNOW THAT)

Quoted post[/post]]
fuck us, ey. Did i force you to write torbo or nos

you did that all on your own buddy. guess how much clout you got here...a lil less than battle pope...JUST a LIL (Just kidding BP...NOTHIN BUT LOVE, YOU KNOW THAT)
I don't plan on racing much alll I want to do is what I need to build fun reliable car

gsr swap, new valve cover. thats it. keep your cash. a GSR has plenty of power for fun and then it shows well.

thanks for bringing back one of the worst christmas days ever.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back